SAU Community

Diy: Hel Braided Brake Line Install

PM-R33

• 1 month later...

finally decided to do this today and i must say Im not a fan of this setup at the front,

02102011707.jpg

the way it sticks out from the caliper. I'm tempted to get an angled fitting to fix it ..would of been much better utilizing the factory line to the caliper with another female adapter at the bracket..but oh well..

Also did you tie it up at the back at all, i was thinking a little bracket to hold it up to that bolt where the original bolted up..shouldnt be too hard

all in all went well, I didnt have any wd40 left so i took a chance and just gave them all a love tap with the hammer and was all set to brag about not rounding any until the very last one got the better of me..1 out of 8 isnt bad i guess..had to get the vice grips on it and it let go with a snap, it was stuck good...still didnt round it though so it will go back together fine..:D

Anyway, i trust nobody has encountered any problems with theres yet..

:cheers: Phil

I thought the same thing when i put mine in.

Hasnt been an issue mind you. Out of sight, out of mind :)

Heres hoping one day it doesnt come back to mind when i lean on the brakes and the pedal meets the floor.

• 1 year later...

i like to add to this post by saying:

-when fitted there's gap. the gap is fine. dont try to tighten it more as it will x-thread the hole. if you do cross thread it, then it CAN be retapped with a helicoil.

post-909-0-27703700-1366031788_thumb.jpg

post-909-0-68217000-1366031816_thumb.jpg

Edited by tN^

• 1 year later...

Does it matter if I empty out the master cylinder. Or is there a way to stop all the fluid flowing out of the master cylinder.

I'm trying to avoid having to bleed the master cylinder after it goes too low

Does it matter if I empty out the master cylinder. Or is there a way to stop all the fluid flowing out of the master cylinder.

I'm trying to avoid having to bleed the master cylinder after it goes too low