SAU Community

New Tuning Advances With Cobb Accessport

Thanks to the master of Cobb Tuning and GTR engine management John Banks the R35 operating system has been re-written yet again over the past few weeks :)

After rewriting the entire boost control code to make the GTR management work properly at higher than stock boost (plus a host of other stuff) it was time to program and 'crack' the launch control in the TCM. Now this has been achieved there are some other cool things on offer that put the factory GTR computer (when tuned with an Accessport) beyond the realm of anything the aftermarket have so far dreamed of for these cars.

The first innovation is using the factory big single boost gauge as a 'Knock Light'. Remember the flashing check engine light on the Power FC? The Cobb Accessport tuned GTR computer can now do this, but even better. Check the demo -

When you see the boost gauge flash its an indication that the GTR knock sensors have been alerted to detonation. The computer then rectifies the ignition timing automatically, but still lets you know its happened.

Then there is the intelligent map switching. Your tuner can write 9 different engine maps into the GTR computer with different boost levels, fuel, timing etc. and you can switch between them on the fly using the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel. Look at it in action here -

The possibilities are absolutely endless and the integration is astounding :)

Exciting times are ours :blink:

Cant wait to test this over the next few weeks! :D

I am not sure about the availability of the F-Con.

What I do know is that nothing compares with programming the native code in the factory computer.

Now the interface between the MFD and the PCM has been cracked I think the public will be able to look forward to some spectacular innovation.

I am not sure about the availability of the F-Con.

What I do know is that nothing compares with programming the native code in the factory computer.

Now the interface between the MFD and the PCM has been cracked I think the public will be able to look forward to some spectacular innovation.

That is just amazing what they're managing to do reverse engineering the OS like that. I can see custom MFD screens on the horizon in the foreseeable future! Run everything including map switching from a custom GUI all controlled via the touch screen! How neat would that be....

And agree fully on using the factory ECU over aftermarket. Why stuff around with all the factory settings that do not need to be changed once you can do everything that you need with the OEM ECU.

I am pushing for that custom GUI but apparently its fairly difficult.......time will tell

9 independent maps at the flick of a switch (Cruise Control buttons) is pretty spectacular for the time being! :)

Real Time tuning is just around the corner as well, being tested currently, all using the on-board RAM in the factory GTR PCM

Its nice to have everything in the same box. Not a piggy back that is feeding and taking parameters from the stock ECU, and twisting them around.

HKS always had cool boxes, but there was not too much you could do with them.

• 2 months later...