SAU Community

Fuel/ecu And Injector Advice

Hello all,

It has come time to work out the fuel and ECU requirments for my 30DET.

Its a built 30 with oversized valves and a port job with a 35/40 straped on the side etc etc,

I have had a search around and cant find and defenant answer to my questions. Im looking for a single intank fuel pump to support upto 600hp at the rear wheels in a R33 gtst. The engine and turbo combo wont make much over 400kw at the rears if that but it would be nice to have abit of head room with the pump.

I have looked into the bosch 044 but have read about a few other people making 350 - 400kw at the rears and pushing the pump to its limits but have also read about other people running almost the same setup as mine and not having a problem making that sort of power.

Onto injectors, Has anyone had any experiences with Siemens Deka 850cc injectors?

Im also looking for an ECU to run the thing, I have been looking at the Power FC but am open to whatever you guys have had experience with and recomend.

It needs to run the 30DET that will have a front mount, large injectors,big turbo, big cams (no VCT) Budget? There is no budget at the moment so please list anything and everything you recomend =)

Cheers,

Jack

Vipec ecu, stock size pump feeding a 3l swirl pot then a bosch 044 or two if ur worried about it, then into a twin entry fuel rail to keep pressure at the injectors more even.

Run a fuel cooler on the return line so when not on boost all that fuel going through the hot fuel rail and back to the tank constantly gets a chance to cool.

Havent tried those injectors.

I was running sard 800cc's with a single 044 with my last GTR rb26 T04Z making 419kw with no issues.

And on a side note because ur budget is not an issue u can build my new car aswell :D

ECU well it's whatever floats your boat though a powerFC will do it just fine in the future if you want REAL data logging look at a MoTeC

Injectors well i wouldn't go past injector dynamics the ID1000's would suit nicely

Fuel system start all new lift pump 040 to surge tank 3L is good the two 044's feed both sides of the rail

My Opinion (Done lots of tuning) :

1. Vipec V88 - Lots of features, then some, and plenty of logging \ inputs \ outputs.

2. I have a nismo 275lph intank pump. Stock Fuel rail, and 555cc injectors. The Nismo pump is rated at 275lph at 80psi. Which is heaps. I'd say enough for 400rwkw. 180lph was enough for me to just touch 300rwkw and start running out of fuel. It also drops straight into the stock position, you absolutely do not have to modify a thing. Touches the bottom of the tank too. EXTREMELY quiet.

3. Injectors - Whatever the biggest Nismos you can get. If they make bigger that 777cc then get them. If not, not sure on what else. Aim for a 4 hole spray pattern, and something that bolts in easily. They all do a good job. The bigger the better incase you decide to use E85.

Edited by The Mafia

The bigger the better incase you decide to use E85.

+1

ECU: Haltech, MoTeC, Vipec (+1 for asking your tuner). I wouldn't go Power FC if you have the cash - they are getting on and lacking in features, resolution for maps and data logging.

Thank you for all your advice. If i can i want a single intank pump and thats it, Its not an option to put a swirl pot in the boot,however may be an option if any one makes one to bolt under the car near the tank somewhere. Ill be looking into the nismo pump first though.

Ill have a look into the injector dynamics and nismo injectors too

cheers,

Jack