Pot Holes!

~Anna~

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no :huh: i forgot to take a photo of that! it ripped a hole in the rubber and was split open :P wish i did tho

ok so no phone call today... ;)

will be calling them tomorrow... :bunny:

Thats really nasty. I saw a decent pothole (too late) on the way to work this morning and I though crap, yesterday I posted how ive been over heaps and nothing ever happens now this one is probably going to prove me wrong and tear my tyre apart! But it didnt ;)

yes i did.. apparently i have to write a letter to the council.... :whistling:

gah!

and the potholes have been filled up too. i went by yesterday, and couldnt find them again. i stopped there today and walked past and noticed they've been filled up..

i suppose thats all that matters really... but now to make them pay for my tyres!

i just suddenly had a huge feeling wash over me, that its not going to happen :happy:

yes i did.. apparently i have to write a letter to the council.... :ermm:

gah!

and the potholes have been filled up too. i went by yesterday, and couldnt find them again. i stopped there today and walked past and noticed they've been filled up..

i suppose thats all that matters really... but now to make them pay for my tyres!

i just suddenly had a huge feeling wash over me, that its not going to happen :(

Told you they'd do it...

• 4 weeks later...

Get your solicitor to write a letter to them..hopefully get them moving. Like said, that's what my friend did and that letter made the council pay for the repair of the dented bonnet. Shouldn't be hard if you have family friends that are solicitors :(

Goodluck.

anna : i am going thought the same thing with wyong shire council atm after i hit a pot hole/ grand canyon like you did on tuesday on a main road near my place , i have done my quotes and written my letter and they said i have to ring them on monday and i will know what they are going to do

i am in the same mood but if they dont pay for mine they are getting to have afight on there hands :)

• 2 weeks later...

yeh all in all... i got nothing :D

hope you have better luck with yours... i rang the council and they said it happens all the time and i would have to prove that yes it was the pothole that did it, prove that i was doing the right speed, see the tyre and the damage and have council decided that it was unrepairable..

so dumb :)

How the f@#k are you supposed to "Prove you were doing the correct speed"? Are you just going to drive from now on with a video camera strapped to your car just to show your speedo and purposely run over the grand canyon a few times?

I've run into a pothole twice as large as that before, dented and buckled the entire rim, tyre instantly popped. I took it to the council and complained my ass off and took photos of it, took photos of the damage, it was a 50 zone in a back street of Manly, i demanded they pay for it, and after 2 months of b!tching and whinging to them EVERY SINGLE DAY they re-imbursed me my quoted amount.

To this day, i hate the council, i hate the goverment (no matter who is in charge) and that is probably why my front passenger spring snapped completely in half on thursday.

If you can involve lawyers (although i think it might be too expensive, but you mention they are family friends), take them to court and demand a re-imbursement! Don't give up.

^^^ Kory's post pretty much sums things up.

Council uses our rates money so often whilst being taken to court over land & environment issues and DA conflicts > lose most of their cases.

Lawyers have a field day when they fight councils. They rub their hands with glee and then book a holiday to Europe.

They had something about this sort of thing on Today Tonight yesterday. Had about 5 drivers all with serious issues caused by potholes that the councils had not yet fixed.

When it came to claim time the council knocked them all back stating that if the potholes are fixed within a reasonable amount of time then it's not their responsibility. Pretty shit!

They had something about this sort of thing on Today Tonight yesterday. Had about 5 drivers all with serious issues caused by potholes that the councils had not yet fixed.

When it came to claim time the council knocked them all back stating that if the potholes are fixed within a reasonable amount of time then it's not their responsibility. Pretty shit!

Yep.

The Today Tonight website is set up pretty badly, and you can't increase the size of the video as far as I can see from a quick look, but last night's article is on there. Go to http://au.todaytonight.yahoo.com/video# and look for the article named "Pothole Fightback."

lol.. you guys have no idea what bad roads are.. OR what pot holes are...

I was driving my car down a road in the rain and saw this trench, was doing 70km/h....

This trench was dug to lay pipes or something when the day finished the workers just called it a day and went home leaving it open. It went from one side of the road to the other, there was no way of going around it. It was about 1 foot long x 2 foot deep. Locked it up and the poor 33 copped it so hard me and my girlfriend hit our heads on roof pretty hard it nearly knocked us out.

While i was stopped inspecting damage all i could hear was other cars take on the trench BANG BANG... BANG BANG..... it was a sight to see i tell you.

damage was blown tyre, front bumper totally ripped off dented rim (was repairable) and the part that the caster rods connect to was pushed up and damaged.

Funny thing is there is no liability here, so there is no point to even think about complaining and asking for money for repairs! they would just laugh at you.

Thats not the biggest killer, the man holes are. 5% of man holes here are open, no covers. apparently when you drive into them it rips your suspension out.

Next time you drive on paramatta road or you hit a small pot hole.. think about how much worse it could be...

I was driving my car down a road in the rain and saw this trench, was doing 70km/h....

This trench was dug to lay pipes or something when the day finished the workers just called it a day and went home leaving it open. It went from one side of the road to the other, there was no way of going around it. It was about 1 foot long x 2 foot deep. Locked it up and the poor 33 copped it so hard me and my girlfriend hit our heads on roof pretty hard it nearly knocked us out.

While i was stopped inspecting damage all i could hear was other cars take on the trench BANG BANG... BANG BANG..... it was a sight to see i tell you.

damage was blown tyre, front bumper totally ripped off dented rim (was repairable) and the part that the caster rods connect to was pushed up and damaged.

Funny thing is there is no liability here, so there is no point to even think about complaining and asking for money for repairs! they would just laugh at you.

Thats not the biggest killer, the man holes are. 5% of man holes here are open, no covers. apparently when you drive into them it rips your suspension out.

Next time you drive on paramatta road or you hit a small pot hole.. think about how much worse it could be...

How the hell can there be no liability for that ?!?!

There is definitely liability!!!

Ask any of the traffic lawyers in the Traffic Lawyer thread here in this NSW subforum.

Best thing to do since you both hit your heads so hard is to lie on the ground near the car until...

> an ambulance is called.

> Cops do a report with an Event number

> Accident investigation

> Cause of accident is blamed on...

> You get a Dr's report in case there's damage to your C and T vertebrae down the track (> poss claim thru' CTP)

> Your G/F gets a Dr's report for the same (> poss claim thru' CTP)

> Contact your friendly traffic lawyer

> Sue for both you and your car