SAU Community

Rip Ns2500?

NS2500

Justcar, Market Value I think. I should find out today.

Yeah just be very carefull, I was originaly told they would only give me around 21k and I hit the roof, my car was mint! I spent 2 months at aution looking for the right one. Low low k's, sunroof, mags, exhaust etc. Yeah you can pick them up for low 20's now but we are taking Aus market value not inporting from japan. If the quote you low let me know and you can have all the paper work I chased up.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah just be very carefull, I was originaly told they would only give me around 21k and I hit the roof, my car was mint! I spent 2 months at aution looking for the right one. Low low k's, sunroof, mags, exhaust etc. Yeah you can pick them up for low 20's now but we are taking Aus market value not inporting from japan. If the quote you low let me know and you can have all the paper work I chased up.

Thanks Adz, that'd be great. I hate the waiting though... I just want to know where I stand.

Yeah I know what u mean, my heart and tummy were all knotted waiting. It's the worst part, once you know whats happening at least you can deal with it but I'll assure you they will not fix it. It's not ecconomical. Wha you gonna get next? I was thinking of another S2 after my prang but then I didn't think that could replace it as I'd just compare them with each other too much.

I would agree that it will probably be a write off.

We got a quote for a brand new rear windscreen for a 34 a couple of months back and that was $1,500 it may have even been before freight costs [ex Japan].

However, my previous car was involved in a bad accident [not my fault], total cost of repair was approx $7K - cars market value at the time was no more than $10K.

I have heard that most ins. co's go off a figure of about 70% of total cost, if its more they will consider write-off...of course if the car is not structurally sound then that can do the trick also.

Guest RedLineGTR

****ing morons that run red lights in the rain bloody stupid. i would of pulled off your front bumber and smacked the other driver in the head maybe would of knocked some scence into him/her. Hope the guy pays and insurance i fine and hopefully you will get another skyline and ns2500 will be reborn.

Sorry to hear abt it Greg. Glad no one was injured. Such a nice car is wasted. I think it's better a write-off, repairing such damage wouldn't be 100% anymore.... hope all works well with the insurance..

NS2500,

i'm curious, did your head came to contact with the airbag ?

No it didn't, because the hit was nose-to-nose in the middle of the intersection the airbags deployed as I was being shunted to the side, so I wasn't being forced forward like in a head-on crash.

sweet... start stripping it for parts for your next car...

lemme know if u want any help importing one from japan.

Can't strip any parts, Justcar is paying me out so they own it.

The wreck is for sale for $5000-$8000. I'll be getting the final salvage price on Monday as a buddy of mine is interested in using it for track work.

if the roof is buckled then its a write off for sure.

I want it to be a write-off, I don't believe it can be repaired to same standard (which was immaculate). I've added a couple more photos - what do you guys think? The roof has buckled in parts.

Also, on the current policy it's insured for 23k, on the renewal next month it's only 18k so it's just the right time. :D

No it didn't, because the hit was nose-to-nose in the middle of the intersection the airbags deployed as I was being shunted to the side, so I wasn't being forced forward like in a head-on crash.

Hey same as me, did it skin the front of your nose? I looked like Rudolph for 2 weeks :Oops: