SAU Community

Jdm Fest 2010

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im so keen to go and have a look around as im new and check out how people have modified their cars and get more ideas, but after reading all this that’s up here. Im going to hide my car in my garage because people will be laughing at me if I’ll bring my car out that day.

Bring it out. Don't worry about what everyone else thinks. It is your car, so you should build it the way you want. Other people may not like it and the polite thing to do is not say anything. However, this is the real world and everyone has a opinion they want to be heard.

All I can say is go live in Sydney like I used to...you will soon feel the same way as me.

And as for $$ for Canberra...well 4-5cars so maybe 10-15 people really isn't going to do much for the economy.

Thats what Summernats is for.

And I know what the f**k JDM stands for, but in context it means Styled the way the Japanese do, i.e JDM Style

I'm pretty sure I'll never feel the same as you, some sexspec cars can look pretty cool and I consider myself a tolerant person, within reason anyway.

Summernats is for ADM (American/Australian Domestic Market). They are usually pretty narrow minded about their car tastes, maybe you would fit in there.

"Styled the way the Japanese do" Ever heard of VIP? It's pretty similar to sexspec. Lowered, big flashy rims, weird paint jobs etc. I also see alot of japanese cars with soft toys in then, all over the dash etc, maybe we should start doing that.

lol @ the Fast and Furious quote. Some of my favs include "2JZ Engine no shit!!" and "Overnight parts from Japan if we have to" oh and "A Motec System Exhaust"

At least in Japan they do the VIP thing to cars that suit that style, not make performance oriented cars handle like a stinking commo by dumping it on it's rails and sticking 20x7" chromed doilies in the guards.

some of us and i mean me were there early helped set up did what i wanted and left!!!!!!!!!!

I appretiate the help setting up also :happy:

Well the day turned out to be great despite the rain. We had a mix of cars and a great bunch of people turned up.

If it all goes ahead next year hopefully we will have some sunny weather.

Over the next few days im sure we will have some pictures posted up on our flickr account for all the people that didnt make it to see.

Thanks again to all the guys and girls that turned up

I was happy with my run of 439 awkw, BUT I would have liked the supra boys to show up, I would wound another few pounds in and have given rwkw a go... But still none the less very happy to win Dyno Dominator and AWD in a Skyline ;)

great day & awesome effort made from the boys from ultimate tunes in organising event on a crappy day cheers

:) hmm 280 odd kw @ all 4's on lousy 11psi meh pfft damn boost controller should've been on 18psi oh well next time :P

Edited by grygtr

I was happy with my run of 439 awkw, BUT I would have liked the supra boys to show up, I would wound another few pounds in and have given rwkw a go... But still none the less very happy to win Dyno Dominator and AWD in a Skyline :)

Healthy! Well done! Skyline FTW!! ;)

I was happy with my run of 439 awkw, BUT I would have liked the supra boys to show up, I would wound another few pounds in and have given rwkw a go... But still none the less very happy to win Dyno Dominator and AWD in a Skyline :D

we dont play in the rain haha i think a distinct lack of info and then the rain pretty much destroyed any chances of supras going. mines in a workshop so thats my excuse. next year there should be better weather and hopefully more will show interest.

saw the very last dyno run and got soaked by that bloody tarp at teh same time haha

so whats the next big event in the ACT?