SAU Community

Hittin Up Japan Late Dec To Mid Jan

street-gtr

Hey Guys

We're hitting up Japan late december (leaving Dece 28th) and coming back mid Jan (back on 11th of Jan).

Just keen to know from those that know of anything happening in and around japan during those days we'll be over there.

Keen to visit a couple of factories (dont know of any that will be open, maybe someone can let me know?)

Plus also want to do some sight seeing of the country too... visit the buddist temples, hiroshima site, etc.

Anyone able to help out and let me know what we can do and where we can go and what is on during this time???

Cheers guy!!!

Tokyo Auto Salon might be on during your stay...plenty of guys on SAU have been so searching the info will be easy

Osaka Auto Messe is also on in January. Kyoto is a 20min trip by train.

Hiroshima, well worth the visit...kinda sad but Meji will cheer you up and it's only a tram ride away.

• 1 month later...

Its also a very special time of year. From midnight on new years eve, all buddists go to their local or home town shrine. The number of people there in the early hours of the morning is astounding! There's food vendors, and sort-of a carnival fun-for-all atmosphere. Its a great time of year to eat crab nabe, mochi, and lots of food specific to that tme of year.

Its also a very special time of year. From midnight on new years eve, all buddists go to their local or home town shrine. The number of people there in the early hours of the morning is astounding! There's food vendors, and sort-of a carnival fun-for-all atmosphere. Its a great time of year to eat crab nabe, mochi, and lots of food specific to that tme of year.

mmm nabe, mmm mochi and even better ..... mmm nabe with mochi in it. Why did I have to leave my nabe pot in Aichi. I want to wear my nabe pot as a hat so all day I can smell the kimochi goodness.....Where are you now my beloved nabe pot?

hey mate ill be at my home in hiroshima from the 28th -6th if u want to meet up for okonamiyaki

okonamiyaki is delicious and what about your local speciality - Hiroshimayaki - okonomiyaki with yaki soba inside.....yummm

Edited by *LOACH*