SAU Community

Failure To Display P Plates -r34 Factory Tint

hey guys, just got pulled over, i drive a r34 na 4door, and am losing 3 points/fined $119 because my tint is too dark to see the p plate on the back window even tho its factory tint + vicroads admitted they f**ked up when they designed the new green p plates.

has any one else copped this or know anything about it? ill most likely be losing my license over this since i dont have enough points to take the 3

should i bother arguing over this, or are they going to tell me my tint is too dark.

It's your responsbility to ensure your plate is visible. If your tint is that dark, or you have a spoiler in the way obscuring visibility or whatever - you'd be aware of that - and it's your responsibility to place the plate in a more appropriate location that is visible by other motorists.

I had a friend who got hit with the same fine because his P-plate fell down (and you could clearly see where it used to sit from the mark on the glass - and how it had fallen). So yeah.

I'd probably take it to court, especially if you're going to loose your license over it. But it might be best to consult some legal advice and see what likelihood you have of getting out of it.

sorry to hear man!

in NSW it is illegal to even display the plates on the inside regardless of visibility, mate of mine got done the same deal as you even though his were clearly visible. magnets of brackets for this side of the seaboard unfortunately.

if your license is at stake i would suggest writing a letter pleading leniency regardless of the outcome, perhaps get some references and a JP to sign it or something

all the best with it,

danny

They are absolute c***s with the P plate rules...so stupidly strict and I'm not a P plater. I really do feel sorry for some kids...one of our delivery drivers at work lost their job here because the P plates we gave him to put on our delivery car didn't stay up (it had fallen on the parcel shelf) and he wasn't to know that, it's hard and dangerous to crane your head around in a ute to see if your P plates are still up...

When I was on my Ps and driving my mum's VR Commy with tinted windows (not very dark at all), I was told by a cop at a breatho station that I should put my P plates on the outside of a tinted car because he could have fined me for it.

Why it gets treated with much the same punishment as running a red light camera I'll never understand...

sorry to hear man!

in NSW it is illegal to even display the plates on the inside regardless of visibility, mate of mine got done the same deal as you even though his were clearly visible. magnets of brackets for this side of the seaboard unfortunately.

if your license is at stake i would suggest writing a letter pleading leniency regardless of the outcome, perhaps get some references and a JP to sign it or something

all the best with it,

danny

if you have already lost point I don't like your chances even so the above post is excellent advise.

if your job depends on it see a lawyer. You are depending on the expertise of a govt dept which would seem to reduce your responsibility in the eyes of a reasonable person. i bet there is no case law on your particular incident.

It shits me when the bureaucracy doesn't take responsibility for its actions. Your case is not so black and white

thanks for the replys guys, i think im just going to cop it and see if they offer me with the 1 point deal for 12 months and lose your license for double if you lose that point or whatever it is.

whats funny tho is i was pulled over two weeks ago by a cop thats known to be the biggest P plate buster, he straight away asked me to open my bonnet, he then searched my engine bay for a turbo & other illegal mods, so i was happy to show him, he sees a standard rb25de, i told him i get off my p's soon so im getting a turbo then, he laughed and said well your one of the few that are actually doing the right thing! he seemed happy and let me off for having bald tires, he said get those back tyres changed and goodbye.

after all the other shit i could have lost my license over im goin to lose it over failure to display p plates. awesome.

i would have been happier to lose it if i was doing something stupid.

/end rant