SAU Community

Is it worth it

JHLSKYLINE

if you have read my other threads you will know i want a R33 GTS-T if not i do. I have many concerns with a skyline like Insurance (19yrs) , parts and Fuel economy. Can some one help and tell me what there car is like on juice. The car i am looking at has intercooler and larger turbo. I enjoy driving and rack up the Ks quick I live on the Gold Coast so the traffic is not that bad. is it worth it.

As 50 odd people have had a look at this post with no reply :)

Insurance (19yrs)=Ouch at a guess $2500

Parts=Not really sure, would seem that on the Sth Side of Brisbane all the parts stores are in each other's pocket *cough price fixing.

Fuel economy=Ain't to bad, if ya stay under 3000 rpm's:p

is it worth it=Mate if my car could cook and clean I would.........:uh-huh:

I get around 350-400klms out of a tank commuting around Brisbane, even when I go for a good blast on the weekends will still get 300klms + from a tank.

I am 22 and pay $1300 p/year for insurance through suncorp in Brisbane.

Parts I have found are pretty cheap and easy to find, servicing is no more expensive than any other car. If you are looking for an R33 mine is for sale in Brisbane as well :D

I just recently bought one and find it a fairly expensive car to run as they are fairly juicy esp if you do a lot of Ks but on the other hand if you have access to the net a virtual skyline shopping centre is at your door so parts are no worries. insurnace is a killer but you will own a flashy sports car (the price we pay :)) have you thought about a NA skyline? dont laugh but they are a hell of alot cheaper (ins and fuel) and they would be a good stepping stone for your next car (mmm R34...) in the eyes of the insurance co.