SAU Community

Kinket Oil Return Line

mr-r33

Do you mean your oil drain, from the turbo going back into the block?

Just get some rubber power steering hose or similar and make a new one, cost will be negligible. Why you'd drive around knowing it is broken is beyond me

Do you mean your oil drain, from the turbo going back into the block?

Just get some rubber power steering hose or similar and make a new one, cost will be negligible. Why you'd drive around knowing it is broken is beyond me

yep thats the one

and i was not driving it around knowing it is broken (not that it is broken it's Kinket ) i only just seen it today

now back to what i asked can it effect any of the above

hi guy just want to find out what can happen if it is

eg. high oil pressure, axcceive oil in turbo piping..

What happens is oil will fill up the bearing housing and hydraulically force oil through out both sides of he turbo.

Generally if you see smoke with pondle of oil on the cold side would be an indication of that issue.

This happens generally if incorrect sized gasket is fitted or people siliconed too much glue, bad designed catch can, kinked drain hose, wrong type of drain hose, or over filled engine oil. It is a very annoying problem for turbo builders.

To avoid this problem, use specified drain hose and make sure its on a 45 degrees slop to drain port, test catch can for breathing capacity before installation, use specified drain gaskets, and never use silicon on turbo.