SAU Community

My New R35

Speedah

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turns out fault was actually one of the pressure sensors...nothing wrong with the transmission itself...just a failure of a $200 inaccessible part that stops the show.

All 3 (correct me if I'm wrong Martin) pressure sensors will be replaced with quality aftermarket items and will be remotely mounted so access is only an hour away instead of 12.

trans7.png

Edited by Speedah

When the time comes and I buy a 2nd hand R35 that's out of warranty or nearly out, I'm just going to have the 7k ready to bullet proof the transmission. I mean it seems ridiculous to have to do this for a car which is suppose to be one of the best engineered cars in the world but what's the point of owning the car if one day you're sitting in traffic and the thing shits itself!

When the time comes and I buy a 2nd hand R35 that's out of warranty or nearly out, I'm just going to have the 7k ready to bullet proof the transmission. I mean it seems ridiculous to have to do this for a car which is suppose to be one of the best engineered cars in the world but what's the point of owning the car if one day you're sitting in traffic and the thing shits itself!

If your GTR is stock, Nissan has a habit of replacing transmissions even if its out of warranty. A mate of mine up here with an early build 2009, warranty expired 4 months before his trans and diff went - both at the same time as the diff failed and locked at high speed taking out the transmission (or vice versa), the local Nissan dealer initially denied the replacement, but a quick letter to Nissan Australia head office about the whole situation resulted in a full replacement free of charge.

Edited by Wardski

Well, 3 year old 35 is lets say 100K, so in the scheme of things another 7% on top is not that much afterall.

I'm still wondering what percentage of cars are experiencing issues - I doubt every one of them is having sensors fail.

surely if you're that worried about maintenance on your future r35 purchase, you need to have a long hard think about spending another 2 years trolling a different car forum

so Kev i take it the trans install went smooth and you're back on the road now?

let us know after you've driven the car if/how the driveability has changed and if there are any additional noises

yes car is on the road again. At Sydney airport awaiting my flight to Adelaide.

Oh Snap alright Wardy. I think old Domi’s anger management issues are surfacing again lol. It’s got nothing to do with being worried about maintenance, it’s about heading off potential problems before they arise, which is precisely what Speedah has done by getting Martin to put ‘upgrades/preventative bits in’. Obviously a very prudent move. As big bad Barry said today, you might want to take Bex and have a lie down. :yes:

Lol Wardy, you amuse me with your bullshit. You might want to review your post on the previous page when I asked about the problem regarding the GT-R's transmission pressure sensors and weather they had fixed the problem.

Allow me to quote.

'Nup. Transmissions are almost identical in that regard all the way to 2013. With all GT-R's its not a matter of if it will happen, its more like, when it will happen'

I mean you own an R35 so you must be an expert? Yes? :)

Edited by GT-R OZ

Lol Wardy, you amuse me with your bullshit. You might want to review your post on the previous page when I asked about the problem regarding the GT-R's transmission pressure sensors.

Allow me to quote.

'Nup. Transmissions are almost identical in that regard all the way to 2013. With all GT-R's its not a matter of if it will happen, its more like, when it will happen'

I mean you own an R35 so you must be an expert? Yes? :)

The difference here Mr Troll, is that I didn't give one rats a55 about pressure sensors when I bought the car, and I drive it like I stole it. If it happens, who gives a f*ck! Just enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Track day at Wakefield yesterday

I haven’t been back to the track since the larger turbos were fitted. I have 64kw more but I went with pretty much shagged slicks.

Pic show preparations form Saturday . Traveled to Goulburn on Sat night

Full tank + 100 litres of E85 gets me to the track, 5 sessions then home.

wakefield2.jpg

New Gopro 3..love this thing so far 

wakefield1.jpg

Arrived at the track early.....slicks on ready to go.

wakefield5.jpg

Best lap of the day was on my 3rd lap with a 1.03.0 (0.1 off my PB and 0.8 off the cars PB) after that the grip just went away…(slicks were finished) I was struggling with a very tail happy car so decided to call it a day at about 1pm.

wakefield6.jpg.png

Tyres and brakes were spent....

brake dust!!!

wakefield7.jpg

wakefield8.jpg

In car video from fastest lap yesterday...A bit messy here and there :-(

A bit later I was on a flyer and the Race Chrono told me I was -0.41 coming down the back straight but then got held up on the last corner....a mid 1.02 was coming.

The Race Chrono is an awesome bit of gear. A quick glance at it will tell you if you are under/over your best lap for the day...reading goes green if you are under and red if over.

watch in 1080

Porsche hunting :-)

Edited by Speedah