SAU Community

What is the suitable battery for R33 GTST?

My battery had been swapped by a f*cking mechanic when i had my BOV installed. He asked to come and pick up the car an hour later. This happened a week ago and now then i realized that it had been swapped with some China Brand Battery with some Chinese Character on it. I got my car back to the mechanic and he fu*king denied it.

So i can't help it but to get another new battery in cause now i having trouble starting my sky. Just wondering wat is the best brand and wat kind in term of "size" of battery is suitable by R33 GTST.

Any help with be really appreciated.

Hi I posted this back in November / December I think, the thread is around somewhere

----

Hi

I had to buy a battery as well about two days after I got my R33. The previous owner hadn't driven it much for over 3 months.

Anyway - I bought an Optima D51L - cost a FORTUNE - $315 - but that included over half an hours labour cos - and here's the important bit - the previous battery was just your STANDARD car battery, therefore unsealed and the b..... thing had spat watery acid c... EVERYWHERE and the guys at battery place had to strip EVERYTHING out and wash it all down with soapy water and bicarb...

Also the old battery only had 280 cold crank amps which apparently was no good for anything....

So the moral to the story is to ALWAYS (as mentioned in a previous post) put a SEALED battery in the boot of a car. I live in Canberra and apparently here in the ACT it is illegal to have an unsealed 'normal' car battery in the boot of a car.

Also make sure you get a battery with decent cold crank amps. This new one has 500 cold crank amps. AS I said in a similar post a month or so ago which I think got lost in the forum 'death' - my car almost starts without me turning the key!!!!!

Hope this helps

---------------------------------------

:(:):cheers::cheers:

weird. why steal a battery?

anyway. If the current battery in the car fits then take some measurements and go down to autobarn or supercheap and find a suitable replacement at that size.

Ensure it is a sealed type (no maintenance) battery as the regular type are illegal and unsafe. Also ensure the terminals are suitable as the R33 battery terminals are small.

I work At battery world

AC Delco are not the best they have a strong amount of acid/water mixture

therefore they eat the plates if the batteries quickly = not a long lasting battery

by doing this you get a high CCA rating.

i drive an r33 myself and i have the odyssey 800 in mine i highly reccomend them or 1000

optimas are also the best you can come across when it comes to sealed batteries

just my 2 cents