SAU Community

Another Oil Pressure Question

tricstar

I'm about to hook up a oil cooler which I already have, it has -12 fittings and hose and -12 size in and out of the cooler, however the only sandwich plate adaptor I can find only has -10 so I would need to step it down with adaptors,

my question is, will that increase my oil pressure, by stepping down to -10 at the sandwich plate, ?

the feeds on the sandwich plate don't look that big, just a bit worried about the flow,, like the guy in the post below I already have highish oil pressure,,

what brands sandwich plates and where have you got them from?? one of the only ones I've found without a whole kit is earls, through enzed, any good ??

ok that was a few questions :) any advise apreciated... cheers

as long as the inlet is the same size of the outlet, the pressure wont change. with bigger fittings all you're changing is the flow.

keep in mind you are cooling your oil - so your oil pressure will definitely increase. fab up a plate to cover your oil cooler core so it isnt cooling your oil when its not needed.

as long as the inlet is the same size of the outlet, the pressure wont change. with bigger fittings all you're changing is the flow.

keep in mind you are cooling your oil - so your oil pressure will definitely increase. fab up a plate to cover your oil cooler core so it isnt cooling your oil when its not needed.

if I put the cooler between the intercooler and the radiator, then put a cover plate on it, it will block nearly half my radiator ? that wouldn't be good would it ??

get a thermostat in the system, this will allow ur engine oil to increase asap which is what u want but then keep it at that temp by openining and closing depending on the temp of the oil resulting in much more accurate oil temp just like your radiator

i think thats very important as most people will tell you most of the engine wear and tear occurs when the oil is cold, minimising this will increase reliability in the long run