SAU Community

Exhaust - Installation

Ezy03

hey for those who have bought and installed a exhaust system on there v coupe im sort of interested in getting one but just need to ask in general how much it cost you to put the system onto the car (how much the mech charged), cheers.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should take no longer then an hour of labour if its a bolt on exhaust.

The process however, you may need to allow 2-3hrs as when you drop off the car the mechanics need to wait for the stock piping to cool down before removing. Usually charge around $80/hr so allow yourself at least $100 to be safe.

You could do the install yourself, saving you the cost of someone else doing it.

It would also save you the time of organising it to be done, and you can do it when you want.

A straight bolt on system is just that, you wont need to remove anything else because it is in the way.

Just unbolt at the flanges and remove the hanger rubbers from the old system, swap them over and the bolt in the new system into place.

As long as your not getting extrators it should only take a few hours.

I was gonna get these, put off by the 12 hr install time people speak of...

Ill have to do with HFC resonated and y-pipe!

OP: Google the install and do it yourself. There is nothing like knowing you did something on your own. !

Give Aaron from import monster a whirl,

depends on exchange rate etc but allow $2k-ish for product and delivery.

Import Monster Pty Ltd

3/6 Wigan Road

Bayswater VIC 3153

(03) 9008 0031

Edited by TUFF_350

I got mine from Hi-Tech Mufflers (Sydney)... Cat-Back stainless steel.

I can't remember exactly how much it was but was around the $2k range.

Left it in the morning. Went to the gym for a couple of hours and it was finished.

I felt power gains as soon as I took off from the garage. But I didnt get a dyno done.

Sounds good when in full flight but just had a nice hum when just cruising.

I guess just depends on how much noise you want to make.

I got mine from Hi-Tech Mufflers (Sydney)... Cat-Back stainless steel.

I can't remember exactly how much it was but was around the $2k range.

Left it in the morning. Went to the gym for a couple of hours and it was finished.

I felt power gains as soon as I took off from the garage. But I didnt get a dyno done.

Sounds good when in full flight but just had a nice hum when just cruising.

I guess just depends on how much noise you want to make.

is it much louder than stock at idle and cruising? I hear hitech supposedly has the best gains power wise, but is not much louder than stock...

always loved the HKS but i hear they drone so that put me off... atm looking to import motordyne from the states, seems as good as HKS but without the drone

is it much louder than stock at idle and cruising? I hear hitech supposedly has the best gains power wise, but is not much louder than stock...

always loved the HKS but i hear they drone so that put me off... atm looking to import motordyne from the states, seems as good as HKS but without the drone

Yeah I was really impressed with the power gain. Felt real good.

To be honest at idle, its not much louder than the stock exhaust maybe 2 db louder, but even louder on cold nights and you'll definately notice the exhaust when starting the car. I really like the fact that I can take a long drive and not get a head ache from it but still turn heads when I launch it.

Check out my recent Wakefield Track Day video:

Silver 350GT... First minute of the video you'll see me flying down the straight followed by 2 different cars with louder exhausts. Its a good comparison. Turn it up to hear the difference.