SAU Community

Po Po's And Their Power Trips...

Bourbon Boy

^^ Sorry dude, but what a load of crap.

Are some police on a power trip, sure, no-one's gonna argue that.

But fark me, you go and do what they do.

Its like some people on here think that all police are there for is motorist related issues.

How about you go next time into a house where someone just been killed and console the family

Or maybe you go and pick up a child molester from jail to take him to court the whole time knowing you would snap their neck in a hearbeat but knowing that you can't and need to be civil to them

Or maybe be the first on the scene where some farkwit hero who thinks he's Schuey has just wrapped his car around a pole and killed 3 of his mates but he survived.

Talking about growing up, there's a hell of a lot of people on here who need to grow the fark up.

they knew what they were getting into when they took the job

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

farken oath they did, which says alot about the character of these people you so quickly dismiss as

-not having any dignity

-are mentally challenged

-the best they could be was a cop

-they fail

Like i said, everyone knows there are some cops with egos, but what farken gets up my nose is people who bag the sh!t out cops, but then expect them to be there ready to help and risk their lives to help us at the drop of the hat.

farken oath they did, which says alot about the character of these people you so quickly dismiss as

-not having any dignity

-are mentally challenged

-the best they could be was a cop

-they fail

Like i said, everyone knows there are some cops with egos, but what farken gets up my nose is people who bag the sh!t out cops, but then expect them to be there ready to help and risk their lives to help us at the drop of the hat.

correction - there are some police who are great at what they do i have met quite a few in many circumstances

nut just look on the 10000000000000's of threads in w.a s.a vic qld etc etc about police abusing there powers sending people to regency for dusty tail lights - sending a clearly n/a skyline to impound due to the turbo p plater rules

i just have a bit of hate for them in that regard

regarding helping the public - ive never asked them for help since they took half an hour for an emergency on a tuesday night so looking back on that night i can only imaging the response on thurs fri sat

I guess it just goes to show that just like most things, that a bad reputation is easy to catch but hard to get rid of.

So you can't blame people for being harsh on Cops.

And I guess you cant blame Cops for being harsh on P platers & Hoon-look-a-like cars.

Still... I'd have to be having a very very bad day to give someone a ticket for something so small.

Makes me remember one of Chris Rock's skits. Cracks me up... Check it out:

http://yourlisten.com/channel/content/1017...riving_too_slow

Just because police are there to do all the not so pleasant things does not make it ok for other officers to brighten their day by ruining another persons day, by costing them a heap of money, possibly their licence and in this case possibly her job. Drivers, especially young ones seem to be fair game. Put a P plate on the car and you might as well have a target on it. My son got defected even when he wasn't driving his car. They asked him how he got to where he was, asked him where his car was, and then went over and defected it for a major oil leak, which was just a weeping rocker gasket. All he was doing was sitting in a park with 3 mates eating their Mcdonalds. Th officer rubbed his hands together and smiled as he was looking for a fault. This is seriously overstepping the mark and abusing a position of authority. This absolutely kills public relations and will tempt people to run for it every time they see a cop car. It's not just the defect it's a lot of money to go through Regency inspection, especially for a kid.

Just because an officer has been to deliver bad news to a family doesn't give him the right to ruin another families life. by this I mean my son gets defected, can't drive his car 'til the defect is cleared be it days or weeks, has to pay $148.00 for the inspection, which his parents will have to pay, and possibly then have to repair anything else they find wrong. In the meantime he can't get to his part time job, of a few hours a week that he just got, due to no public transport in our area and loses his only income. We then as parents possibly have to buy him another car ( he has no money as a student) because the inspectors have been picky and made it financially unviable to put his car back on the road. And I have seen cases where they just nitpick and give people the run around, and they all justify it by saying they are just doing their job. But of course we all know that an oily rocker cover makes him a killer on the road.

He also assures me he did evrything the officer asked and was polite.

Who knows about this instance, the cops are probably right. It's a traffic fine so guilty until proven innocent (or spend a lot of money going to court).

Note: Cops usually dislike traffic cops.

I couldnt do my friends job. She is in the crash investigation unit.

I bet 99.9% of the cop bashers here couldnt do her job, couldnt see what she sees day in day out

Yep. My late ex-neighbour was in crash investigation until depression got the better of him and he committed suicide. It was very difficult to see because his family knew he would do something but were powerless to stop it. I couldn't do that job. No ifs or buts. No way. I have great admiration for those who can.

Did you know everything about your job before you started? Or were the first three months a real eye-opener? Unless you work in a fish and chip shop I'm pretty sure it's going to be the latter. Sure you are aware of the basics of what it's about but doing it is a very different thing to thinking about it from the outside.

correction - there are some police who are great at what they do i have met quite a few in many circumstances

nut just look on the 10000000000000's of threads in w.a s.a vic qld etc etc about police abusing there powers sending people to regency for dusty tail lights - sending a clearly n/a skyline to impound due to the turbo p plater rules

i just have a bit of hate for them in that regard

regarding helping the public - ive never asked them for help since they took half an hour for an emergency on a tuesday night so looking back on that night i can only imaging the response on thurs fri sat

So you're basing your prejudice of cops on what the media reports and what a bunch of other bell-ends on forums post about cops giving them a hard time because the first thing they said to the cops when they rolled their window down was "I didn't do nuffink!".

I have *always* had acceptable experiences with coppers. They're there to do a job, it's a shitty job and apart from the occasional bad egg I think they do it pretty damn well. The only time I've not had a positive experience was when one chased me down to fine me for mobile phone - but rules are rules. I was too lazy to use a handsfree and I paid for it.

Just because police are there to do all the not so pleasant things does not make it ok for other officers to brighten their day by ruining another persons day, by costing them a heap of money, possibly their licence and in this case possibly her job. Drivers, especially young ones seem to be fair game. Put a P plate on the car and you might as well have a target on it. My son got defected even when he wasn't driving his car. They asked him how he got to where he was, asked him where his car was, and then went over and defected it for a major oil leak, which was just a weeping rocker gasket. All he was doing was sitting in a park with 3 mates eating their Mcdonalds. Th officer rubbed his hands together and smiled as he was looking for a fault. This is seriously overstepping the mark and abusing a position of authority. This absolutely kills public relations and will tempt people to run for it every time they see a cop car. It's not just the defect it's a lot of money to go through Regency inspection, especially for a kid.

Just because an officer has been to deliver bad news to a family doesn't give him the right to ruin another families life. by this I mean my son gets defected, can't drive his car 'til the defect is cleared be it days or weeks, has to pay $148.00 for the inspection, which his parents will have to pay, and possibly then have to repair anything else they find wrong. In the meantime he can't get to his part time job, of a few hours a week that he just got, due to no public transport in our area and loses his only income. We then as parents possibly have to buy him another car ( he has no money as a student) because the inspectors have been picky and made it financially unviable to put his car back on the road. And I have seen cases where they just nitpick and give people the run around, and they all justify it by saying they are just doing their job. But of course we all know that an oily rocker cover makes him a killer on the road.

He also assures me he did evrything the officer asked and was polite.

yet another point to validate my rant

Yep. My late ex-neighbour was in crash investigation until depression got the better of him and he committed suicide. It was very difficult to see because his family knew he would do something but were powerless to stop it. I couldn't do that job. No ifs or buts. No way. I have great admiration for those who can.

Did you know everything about your job before you started? Or were the first three months a real eye-opener? Unless you work in a fish and chip shop I'm pretty sure it's going to be the latter. Sure you are aware of the basics of what it's about but doing it is a very different thing to thinking about it from the outside.

So you're basing your prejudice of cops on what the media reports and what a bunch of other bell-ends on forums post about cops giving them a hard time because the first thing they said to the cops when they rolled their window down was "I didn't do nuffink!".

I have *always* had acceptable experiences with coppers. They're there to do a job, it's a shitty job and apart from the occasional bad egg I think they do it pretty damn well. The only time I've not had a positive experience was when one chased me down to fine me for mobile phone - but rules are rules. I was too lazy to use a handsfree and I paid for it.

not based on the media

as ive said i have had pleanty of meetings with hwy and unmarked over the years - mostly positive

Im basing this off experiences that i have had and or people i know

And looking at these forums with all of the "cops abusing power" type threads - dont you think with 100000's of storys from members on sau that it is more than a coincidence?

these storys dont come from nowhere

granted - the flat brim hat girls jeans hipster import driving tools with a "unit" "jetpilot" "southern cross" sticker who cant string a sentance together yet alone make a coherant post are asking to be pulled over

not based on the media

as ive said i have had pleanty of meetings with hwy and unmarked over the years - mostly positive

Im basing this off experiences that i have had and or people i know

And looking at these forums with all of the "cops abusing power" type threads - dont you think with 100000's of storys from members on sau that it is more than a coincidence?

these storys dont come from nowhere

granted - the flat brim hat girls jeans hipster import driving tools with a "unit" "jetpilot" "southern cross" sticker who cant string a sentance together yet alone make a coherant post are asking to be pulled over

Nope, not one bit.

Basically every person who cries "They treated me poorly" after some digging, we find out they gave the copper shit, were abusive and uncooperative.

Half the time those "kids just sitting in the park minding their own business" are actually being downright rude and annoying to everyperson around them. I say let the copper do it, because if we went back 30 years ago, they'd be dragged away somewhere, told what they were doing wrong, giving a hiding, and they'd never do it again.

The worst an officer can do now is "Here's a fine, have a nice day". There's no respect for authority in our society any more, because people these days in Australia believe we DESERVE everything to be perfect.

Go to America, say anything even slightly smart assed and you'll know about it from the copper. What does that mean for their society? Most people WILL NOT disobey an officer. Only the minority who are too stupid to know better and deserve it.

Back in Australia, a guy died because he was tasered by an officer to subdue him recently, why didn't they use spray and just apprehend him you say? Well they attempted spray, but it was still to dangerous, rather then shoot him dead, they tasered him. He died. Now if he was being just a little more reasonable, he wouldn't have been sprayed, or tasered, and he'd still be alive today, probably without even getting a fine... But you know what? The NSW Police Force is now in shit for this. Because some wanker, endangered the lives of others, got bought down with some force, and died because it...

I've NEVER had a run in with coppers that was bad, including when I've been busted for things, and I've been pulled over HEAPS of times, and they're always polite to me (And yes, that includes the female officers that everyone thinks are bitches)

Sure there are kids who sit in the park and annoy everybody around them. My son and his mates were the only ones there as it was late evening (11.30pm) does that make it right to defect his car because of somebody elses carry on. Things have to be put into perspective, just the same as don't tarnish everyone with the same brush, be it a kid in the park doing no harm or a policeman who is doing his job in a fair and just manner. If a kid is in the park being a nuisance ask him to move on, don't defect his car just because he's a kid in the park and show yourself to be a bully on a power trip. I got defected plenty of times as a youth, mostly wide wheels and exhaust, but not by power tripping egomaniacs.

What's more its not just us on the forums that have this opinion on some officers, even the Snr Sgt I spoke to, about my sons run-in with the law, told me straight out that they have a few officers in the 'force that make it look bad for everyone. Are you going to say he doesn't know what he's talking about and that he has it all wrong. He didn't give me a sob story about all the good work they do to try and justify what happened, it was actually an apology for what happened and he assuered me he would be talking to the officer in question and that we(my son) would not be targeted because of it. You can't ask much more than that. The senior Sgt his offsider and my local cop(with friendly advice) were all perfect gentleman about the incident and bent over backwards to help me. The Snr Sgt even removed the defect for a small fee after I gave the engine a quick clean at the carwash. My local cop even said he could extend the driving hours on the defect so my son could get to work. How friendly's that. They're not all nasty egotists. Some want to help improve community relations and gain respect as law enforcement officers, not hatred.

The Snr Sgt also said people who commit/get done for traffic infingements cop it worse than criminals and he/they arent happy about a lot of things they have to police but it can be done in a fair and reasonable manner.

I will be fitting the already purchased rocker cover gasket on the weekend.

Back in Australia, a guy died because he was tasered by an officer to subdue him recently, why didn't they use spray and just apprehend him you say? Well they attempted spray, but it was still to dangerous, rather then shoot him dead, they tasered him. He died. Now if he was being just a little more reasonable, he wouldn't have been sprayed, or tasered, and he'd still be alive today, probably without even getting a fine... But you know what? The NSW Police Force is now in shit for this. Because some wanker, endangered the lives of others, got bought down with some force, and died because it...

I've NEVER had a run in with coppers that was bad, including when I've been busted for things, and I've been pulled over HEAPS of times, and they're always polite to me (And yes, that includes the female officers that everyone thinks are bitches)

QFT

But:

If it's the guy @ the Dragons aftermatch, he wasn't tasered, but you're right, he was fighting with cops.

You NEVER fight with a cop. There is NO excuse. No matter how much of a prick they might be to you (and I'd say that's fairly few and far between), you be polite to them. Why? Because it's common courtesy, and if he's going to get you for something, then being polite won't hurt your chances. You be hostile, and sure, they'll grin, because they know they have the power. I don't know how many times I've had to tell this to people, just go along with what they're asking, and everything ends up easier. If it's truly unreasonable and outside their jurisdiction, sure, but in general, just cooperate and all of a sudden things get so much easier.

Guy after Dragons match: Don't fight with a cop. Guy in Sefton: Don't run at cops with knives.

They have a job to do, and being hostile doesn't help anyone.

Fantm1: Good to hear you got it sorted out; you're right, there are a few assholes out there, but there are a LOT of good cops out there just trying to do their job. I have nothing but the utmost respect for a lot of them.

You've obviously had bad experiences. We haven't. By your logic, maybe all people who post on SAU shouldn't be so one-sided.

Shoe on the other foot.

i have been targeted due to some family in the past not being 100% wholesome

since i was a teen - this is harrasment

i dont represent my relatives im an individual

i have had mostly negative experiances with cops

with the 60000000000000 police shows the media the papers the internet etc has made it quite clear for decades what its all about

there not held captive by the police force and can move into the private sector

they could do loss prevention at k-mart

Edited by DAS KAMU