SAU Community

Stillen Exhaust

I have one installed :D Very happy with the note, louder on start-up and more of a hint when warm(idle).

Good deep note when under power, and you can just hear it when cruising, you can tell that the noise is coming from the back not droning all the way down the car.

• 1 month later...

I don't think so , I know its hard not to get caught up in the noise of a new exhaust which can give the illusion of going faster but I honestly don't think the power has gone backward , having said that most people would recommend a tune after a new exhaust is put on , which will take me a while to get around to , am curious to see if had gotten a before and after dyno reading to see the difference

Quick question (curious), does the car feel a little weaker when accelerating hard by any chance?

I know it sounds better.....

Why have you experienced something like this??

Why have you experienced something like this??

Possibly, but it was hard to tell being that there was extra weight in the car at the time....

If I had to put money on it, I would say it made very little to no increase to power levels, but the feeling from the passenger seat was that torque may have decreased a little.

Still goes fine and it might just be a perception thing, but the owner also felt this way

what did that cost you total in AU$ to have it paid for and deleivered?

It cost $1 400 to my door , took about literally an hour and a half to install (myself and couple of mates), and sounds amazing. So i'm happy with the buy.

seems like an excessive amount of money to pay for a single system :/

you could get one made up for half the price

dunno about that. Having to custom make everything for my car, it's been nice just being able buy bolt on parts on the skyline - even if it's at a premium. Stillen seems to make decent qualty parts to boot so the price would be justified IMO.

dunno about that. Having to custom make everything for my car, it's been nice just being able buy bolt on parts on the skyline - even if it's at a premium. Stillen seems to make decent qualty parts to boot so the price would be justified IMO.

just cos its custom made dosnt make it any harder. i had a duel system made for my LS400 and it only cost me $750. fair enough it wasn't stainless, but a single system in stainless you could have made for a shit load less than $1400 drive in drive out(not that i see any reason to need it to be stainless other then wank and street cred).

just cos its custom made dosnt make it any harder. i had a duel system made for my LS400 and it only cost me $750. fair enough it wasn't stainless, but a single system in stainless you could have made for a shit load less than $1400 drive in drive out(not that i see any reason to need it to be stainless other then wank and street cred).

Ok, I misread your post. I thought you meant make something up yourself, not get someone to make it.

Regardless, everyone has their own preference I guess. Not saying one is better than the other. Just saying it's nice to have someone else work out the problems sometimes and give you a bolt on solution. Even if it's at a premium. Not mentioned here is the potential resale value. Whether important or not, but the stillen may fetch more back % wise when it comes time to sell.

Anyways, just another perspective. Not looking to flame bait.

Mild steel is a third of the cost and yours would be press bent, a good lobster/mandrel stainless system would be tripple the cost in materials and twice the labour but worth it in the end as it would last forever. I cant even find a decent muffler for less than $300.

How is custom not harder? Its hand made, not cnc bent/robot welded. I need you to come and see the amount of work that goes into one of the 1000hp stainless systems I have made.

You took a stainless system off your LS and fit a mild one in its place? The stock one flows more than enough unless you went forced induction.

seems like an excessive amount of money to pay for a single system :thumbsup:

you could get one made up for half the price

Its not really a single system, if you look at the pic - its a dual system, with a X over, that runs to a single muffler at the rear.

Yeah, sure he could have got a bodged mild steel system bent up for less cash, but it wouldn't come close to a Stillen product.

BTW the price for that is 975 US, the rest is in airfreight... I'd love to see someone do a custom V35 sedan Dual Stainless exhaust with twin resonators for under 1000 AUD. I would sure be interested.

Mild steel is a third of the cost and yours would be press bent, a good lobster/mandrel stainless system would be tripple the cost in materials and twice the labour but worth it in the end as it would last forever. I cant even find a decent muffler for less than $300.

How is custom not harder? Its hand made, not cnc bent/robot welded. I need you to come and see the amount of work that goes into one of the 1000hp stainless systems I have made.

You took a stainless system off your LS and fit a mild one in its place? The stock one flows more than enough unless you went forced induction.

its not harder cos you drive to a shop and have it done.. im not saying to do it yourself.. and yes im talking mild steel, cos i dont get under my car and jerk off over a stainless system. they both do the exact same job

Edited by GeNOS

Its not really a single system, if you look at the pic - its a dual system, with a X over, that runs to a single muffler at the rear.

Yeah, sure he could have got a bodged mild steel system bent up for less cash, but it wouldn't come close to a Stillen product.

BTW the price for that is 975 US, the rest is in airfreight... I'd love to see someone do a custom V35 sedan Dual Stainless exhaust with twin resonators for under 1000 AUD. I would sure be interested.

ah ok didn't realise, i thought it was single from the front.

just cos its it mild steel, why do you assume its "bodged"? to assum that is very "fast and furious, full sic, gotta be stainless to be any good yo"

and how do you know it "wouldn't come close to a stillen product"? just cos its a brand name item dosnt mean its the bees knees.

regarding the freight, it was still paid there for its part of the total cost of the item.