SAU Community

Calder drags 13 of september

meggala

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i may be able to tag along meggala... i get fridays off... bugger my stereo gets installed the day after... no sounds on that long drive out there... what a killer

Should have my pineapples and hopefully some 550's in by then.

INARK: I used to be an installer, what are you getting fitted and how much? I may be able to look after skyline buddy cheaper :D)

Doc.

Originally posted by Dr_Drift

Should have my pineapples and hopefully some 550's in by then.

INARK: I used to be an installer, what are you getting fitted and how much? I may be able to look after skyline buddy cheaper :D)

Doc.

:D

goto my website its got all the components listed.. JB Hifi quoted me 330 for the install including the cable pack. It would have to be done either that friday or saturday cause i get paid then and theyre the only days i get off

i dont think they realise that 6x9s dont fit in the back shelf properly ;)

Cheers,

Ni.

Originally posted by inark

:D  

goto my website its got all the components listed.. JB Hifi quoted me 330 for the install including the cable pack. It would have to be done either that friday or saturday cause i get paid then and theyre the only days i get off

i dont think they realise that 6x9s dont fit in the back shelf properly :D

Cheers,

Ni.

man y did u go to jb hifi, they dont know **** all and r real bodgy with their installs!

And no the 6 x 9's wont fit unless u get a new shelf at the back made!!

I bet they try and fit it in and *** it up!

Originally posted by INASNT

man y did u go to jb hifi, they dont know **** all and r real bodgy with their installs!

I bet they try and fit it in and *** it up!

spacers would be a easier idea rather than making a new shelf.

Originally posted by inark

spacers would be a easier idea rather than making a new shelf.

either way dont go to jb hi fi for any install work!

Originally posted by INASNT

i took the existing shelf, cut the holes bigger and just chucked them in fit perfect hahaha bitch getting the screw nearest to the rear window though

i also bought my shiznat from jb but thats coz my bro inlaws mate works there and he got for very very veerrrrrryyyyy good price, we just installed ourselves hehe

yeah looks like i will get Sam (doorifto) to do it or whatever... will half a talk with him tomorow at the dyno day...

its a bit like being a redneck... i'll keep it in the skyline family :) (money for the fellow skyliners :D)

"keep it in tha family cletus!"

"but paw... shes mah nanneh!"

/****s the shotgun

"hey nanneh! looks like me and u is gettin hitched!"

gotta stop posting so late at night,

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• I had a similar situation with my R32 GTS4. I replaced that solenoid, but it hasn't solved the problem. So its possible the pump is failing. It seems you need to drop the diff in order to do anything that might fix this. So its important to know exactly what the problem is. Or just replace / repair everything while the diff is out.
    • Yep, I was supprised. Its all about flow rather then housing size.  Doing G35-900 Vs ATR45SS-1 Next. 62mm V 61mm. 
    • Of course sometimes you cannot go with the cheaper alternative but I try to weigh it up for the application - am I competing or am I going to the track ten times p/yr. As long as there’s enough information out there to back the cheaper alternative as a good option I’ll go for that.   I’m a bit of a bastard though as it’s my job to reduce costs, particularly on non income generating assets. EUR 500 saved for the diff + EUR 1,000 saved on BC racing over Bilstein and then say EUR 300 versus EUR 600 on an off brand windscreen versus OEM (for example) soon accumulates. I mean, I’m probably gonna put the car in the ditch anyway. Absolutely do not take this as a justification for always buying cheap shitty parts, just a rationale for doing your research and considering what’s necessary for your application.    
    • All the above effort, time, swapping out parts in the dark (i.e. no O2 data). You're literally running in the dark.
    • Looks like both of my cars have pressure switch issues. The R32 GTR has 18 flashes on the ATTESSA controller which is "ETS pressure switch circuit". The 4WD light is intermittent, and often just restarting the car clears it. There is an $300 replacement option https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/285675135148?itmmeta=01HXN3YKRGKQ08GRZ5KFKKZWJT&hash=item428390a0ac:g:6CcAAOSwWxBltMEG so if it becomes a permanent issue and I can confirm that the switch is the issue, i have a solution. The NM35 is reporting C1208, and disconnecting the switch causes the 4WD light to go away. Translating from the Japanese shop manual "when the pressure is reduced to 2.6MPa (377 psi) or less: conduction occurs when the pressure increases to 3.8MPa (550 psi) or less: conduction is present. Reference: • Immediately after the E-TS actuator motor stops, the pressure inside the accumulator is high and there is no continuity." Not sure how good the translation is but from what i can deduce this means the switch is normally closed (NC) and as the pressure builds from 0 to 550 psi the switch stays closed, then opens and 550 psi. As the pressure drops from 550 psi to 377 psi the switch stays open then closes again at 377 psi. Is that how these things work? These pressures are a lot higher than the R32 ("control pressure 0-228 psi") but i'm hoping i can find a generic switch (like they've done for the R32) to use as a replacement. Maybe something like https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/355586397452?epid=1676016964&itmmeta=01HXN534AF22ACTG6TGDDQGEQ7&hash=item52ca99d50c:g:mAEAAOSw8ilmBcMh&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA8LtWdNlWHgyJ%2F3cbw25S2A1lde3qBi3fJii4T3lQavCz4kpqiD42SmBa4FocMvXCjcxiowHjb8vZ8%2BWxc53BkHv781tkStSnCDaenfGKC3bIp0keK20dfsn9LoPa3TfqaEmAydqqyKobgTdXsGGzsl%2BRjOVGuD8OIpOv%2B0wMl7aUtHg0iJtojbtzA%2BRS8Xfm8Ufjuvz4niwrqglAXFUbkL6J%2FGuHPeeECZhLBBN3iNM1Swl94Fv5zE95YK%2B5O6dxDN1ySNOjdMxkA8yaprbuwRHFQv1nlGh%2FWjekj6EUFR2%2FO4HTsoKtSAkY0Mj1w1uf1w%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR6zFjKXtYw but with a lower close pressure, and thread adapter if required. Am i dreaming?