SAU Community

The Mortal Kombat (mk9)

EeLeYe

For the MK fans, the new Mortal Kombat game will be coming out in 2011. This one seems to back to it's original roots in that it's going to be a side-scrolling style fighter (but in HD of course). In fact, it looks as though it's a completely revamped version of MKII with the addition of tag-team.

One major new feature is each character having their own individual internal organs modelled, which gives you the idea of the kind of gore this game will have.

Check out the trailer and some fatality vids. WARNING - FATALITY VIDEOS ARE VERY GRUESOME, much more gruesome than previous MK games... so I think anyway.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been a huge fan since the first MK... even though I was only 4 or 5 at the time. I still remember the blood kode for the mega drive - AB AC ABB :)

Out of these vids, I like Kung Lao's fatality; it's just like his one in MKII. This being said, I'd freak out if a chick like Mileena tried to get her face that close to mine.

MK9 will also have a cool X-ray feature that shows your opponent's bones breaking as you fight.

I've been a huge fan since the first MK... even though I was only 4 or 5 at the time. I still remember the blood kode for the mega drive - AB AC ABB :P

Out of these vids, I like Kung Lao's fatality; it's just like his one in MKII. This being said, I'd freak out if a chick like Mileena tried to get her face that close to mine.

MK9 will also have a cool X-ray feature that shows your opponent's bones breaking as you fight.

Yeah saw those X-Ray scenes in the promo vid!

Bad as!

LOL i still remember all the cheat codes for DOOM..

:)

IDKFA / IDFA

IDDQD

IDBEHOLD - L / I / V

Something like that...

Love that game Doom / Doom 2 / Quake 1 / 2 / 3

:P

IDKFA / IDFA

IDDQD

IDBEHOLD - L / I / V

Something like that...

Love that game Doom / Doom 2 / Quake 1 / 2 / 3

IDSPISPOPD.. No Clip Mode :)

f**k i was nerdy.. Quake 1 was god back then.. Then Unreal came along

OT: MK is awesome still remember playing it since Mega Drive days..

Woah looks decent wonder how replayable it will be

I still play MKII Arcade on the PS3 every now and then. Why, I was playing against my brother just the other day. Lucky for me, it's one of the few games I can still kick his arse. These Gen Y kids are just too good when it comes to video games.

Scorpian - Hold block, Up, Up, High Punch... Toasty much??

The MK3 codes were pretty awesome on the SNES. "Kool stuff" and "kooler stuff"

I just hope the fatality's aren't impossible like some of the older ones. I remember MK3 I think it was. You had to push like a million different buttons with the shitty sega controller and you always ended up just doing a weak punch if you did it wrong :)

I just hope the fatality's aren't impossible like some of the older ones. I remember MK3 I think it was. You had to push like a million different buttons with the shitty sega controller and you always ended up just doing a weak punch if you did it wrong :(

LOL yeah MK3 was a f*kn pain in the arse to do fatalities. Forget Animalities; first you had to get into mercy (which was the stupidest thing EVER) and then you had to do the button combination at "finish him".

Best fatality EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol love how the guy is still screaming when his head is off.

If this MK is similar to the older ones but with good graphics i think i will definitely get it. The older ones were sick you would have a ton of characters to choose + heaps of different fatality things to choose from. Last MK i can remember playing a fair bit of was on N64 and you had like 12 characters and 2 different fatalities for each that was it

IDSPISPOPD.. No Clip Mode :)

f**k i was nerdy.. Quake 1 was god back then.. Then Unreal came along

OT: MK is awesome still remember playing it since Mega Drive days..

WTF!

What did that code do... I think I tried it but nothing happened and didn't worry about it after all...

I still play MKII Arcade on the PS3 every now and then. Why, I was playing against my brother just the other day. Lucky for me, it's one of the few games I can still kick his arse. These Gen Y kids are just too good when it comes to video games.

Scorpian - Hold block, Up, Up, High Punch... Toasty much??

The MK3 codes were pretty awesome on the SNES. "Kool stuff" and "kooler stuff"

Wait what!!!

MKII on PS3..?

Did they re-release that or something..?

WTF!

What did that code do... I think I tried it but nothing happened and didn't worry about it after all...

Wait what!!!

MKII on PS3..?

Did they re-release that or something..?

:) Playstation store my friend. You can play online too.

Lol love how the guy is still screaming when his head is off.

If this MK is similar to the older ones but with good graphics i think i will definitely get it. The older ones were sick you would have a ton of characters to choose + heaps of different fatality things to choose from. Last MK i can remember playing a fair bit of was on N64 and you had like 12 characters and 2 different fatalities for each that was it

MK4 I'm guessing, the first of the 3D mk games. I say digitized sprites ftw.

:) Playstation store my friend. You can play online too.

Ahh!

So you downloaded / bought it from the online store yeah..?

I don't go online... Cuz I haven't hooked it up yet :no:

It was the code for No Clip Mode.. Walk through walls..

DOOM II changed it to a simple IDCLIP... LOL

Ah yeah, that's right!!!

You reminded me now, best cheat ever just to walk straight through to the exit to end the game :D

Now I remember using in DOOM II, but never really used it in DOOM, that's why I was like "WTF" with that 1st code you posted.

MK4 I'm guessing, the first of the 3D mk games. I say digitized sprites ftw.

Yeah I got MK4 on PS1.

When they bought in the whole combo, button mashing techniques hehe!

Weapons where introduced, background Fatalities and the irony of Scorpion turning into a scorpion and killing Scorpion as a Fatality :)

Was a decent step up then a 2 year hiatus or more so, plan to have a big come back as MK creators bought out a lot of shit ass MK titles that just failed.

So then MK5 Deadly Alliance came out, which is my all time fav MK game.

So you downloaded / bought it from the online store yeah..?

I don't go online... Cuz I haven't hooked it up yet :no:

So then MK5 Deadly Alliance came out, which is my all time fav MK game.

Yup. I can't remember how much it cost though. I think it's ~$8

Hurry up and get your PS3 online!!! It's almost a completely different system. Plus, all your games will have much needed updates. Fifa 08 and Assasin's Creed played shithouse and lagged until I downloaded their updates.

I'm not sure why, but most games have updates the day after they come out. It's almost as if game makers release the game and then worry about the bugs.

MK5 is my fav after MKII. I thought the whole changing martial arts style during a combo was pretty awesome. And the "Test your might/sight" mini-games.

Yup. I can't remember how much it cost though. I think it's ~$8

Hurry up and get your PS3 online!!! It's almost a completely different system. Plus, all your games will have much needed updates. Fifa 08 and Assasin's Creed played shithouse and lagged until I downloaded their updates.

I'm not sure why, but most games have updates the day after they come out. It's almost as if game makers release the game and then worry about the bugs.

MK5 is my fav after MKII. I thought the whole changing martial arts style during a combo was pretty awesome. And the "Test your might/sight" mini-games.

Hah!

My games have been fine, not much lag at all and even with loading scenes its fine.

But AVP froze on me a few times...

But yeah, I had to update the system when I bought Tekken 6, but that was thought the game (disk) not online.

MKII was a big step up from MK in characters / moves / colours, everything and is still awesome.

In MKV, if you can chain a combo and continue it while changing martial art styles till you get to your weapon moves = You bad as mofo! :no:

Hahaha!!! "Test Your Might"

I am still yet to plug an "Auto Fire" controller so I can just hold the button down and max out the Might Metre :D

WIN EVERY TIME :)

MK is still awesome due to it bring back memories and being the 1st / original.