SAU Community

The Mortal Kombat (mk9)

EeLeYe

f**kING BULLSHIT!!!!!

I've had it up to HEEEEERREE with their classifications

http://au.gamespot.com/news/6303984.html?tag=latestheadlines%3Btitle%3B2

Australian Customs and Border Protection Service adds refused classification fighter to blacklist; copies detected to be confiscated, fines up to A$110,000 issued.

It's going to be difficult to even import the game now.

rage_fu_guy_Every_fight_on_Xbox-s250x200-103726-580.gif

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually on further inspection, they apparently had L4D2 blacklisted too and it didn't stop anyone from getting it into the country.

Also, if it's packaged, most likely customs won't open it; unless you import a whole heap of them.

One user commented,

"you get a $220 fine for bringing in food and plants that could completely destroy our agriculture and economy but you get a $300 fine for bringing in a game that is no more violent than the one that a lot of us played at the arcade when we were 9 years old......that makes sense."

He makes a good point there.

Regarding the importation of this game,

apparently customs is cracking down and you WILL be caught and WILL be fined in excess of $100,000! But since im oddly enough fascinated with that Border Security show, i fail to see how they will identify it as being MK9 when all they see is an xray of a DVD through the machine. Or am i just too naive?

Edited by TUFF_350

I'm sure if we ask the merchant to package it and NOT display anything about MK9 on the outside, then it shouldn't be a problem. Unless the disc is shaped like some sort of sharp object; which I don't think is very likely...

Haha yea and mark it sa "gift" with no value!

Well i just did like many and created a US playstaion account, downloaded the demo and am impressed :)

NO FKNG WAY!!! The one week I DON'T check my US account, there's an MK9 demo out..............

Thanks for the info :)

Ok well downloaded it...

I'm not just saying this coz I'm a fan, but the game is f**kING AMAZING!!!

Friends are over who've never played any ml and they love it.

I can actually see why it should have an R rating...

The main plot of this game seems quite interesting,

Developer Ed Boon describes the game as an altered re-telling of the events of the original first three Mortal Kombat games (MK, MK II, and MK3).[27]

...Raiden is about to be killed by
, and just before he delivers the last blow, he [Raiden] sends a mental message to his earlier self, and the camera rewinds back to Mortal Kombat 1. The
from Mortal Kombat 1 then gets the message and experiences a premonition. The game then spans Mortal Kombat 1, 2, and 3, retelling the story with an enlightened Raiden, who has changed the course of events. Eventually, everything you've seen happen before –
winning, the guys turning into cybernetic ninjas, has been altered. You might see a cybernetic character who wasn't before, and a different version [of events].

This was taken off wikipedia. The mostc redential source for information...

are you serious? +$100,000 fine? there goes my plan on trying to bring a copy in from europe in august!

Just tell them to package it in such a way that doesn't mention the words "mortal kombat" and to declare it as digital entertainment or as a dvd/bluray.

That's what my guy is doing.

so how do we get our hands on this bad boy?

i got family going o.s leave in about a months time if they bring it back in potential 100k fine? thats realy gonna put em off picking me up a copy

Played it on the weekend with a mate who has never played MK before.... good fun for about an hour, but then quite boring.

Almost 20 years on and it is still no where near the game that Street Fighter is.

so how do we get our hands on this bad boy?

i got family going o.s leave in about a months time if they bring it back in potential 100k fine? thats realy gonna put em off picking me up a copy

100k fine if you bring multiple copies assuming that they will all be sold. $300 fine for individuals. If they get it from overseas, just have them wrap it in gift paper. The scanners will show that it's a DVD. And to be honest, customs won't be as strict as everyone thinks. They have other things to worry about.

AND to get technical, its not allowed to be sold in Australia. If your family brings it in, they've already bought it.