SAU Community

Skylines In Australia

Okay, So I recently got my car finance pre-approval for $20k or less.

I went to Japcar.com.au to get a car from there. However, my finance provider told me that I cannot get used cars that are imported from overseas (known as grey import)

Are all skylines imported? or are there skylines that were brand new and have been imported to Aussie? If so, what models?

Anyone know any finance companies that will finance grey imports?

I am in melbourne.

Cheers.

A car loan is good to give you a credit rating.. it shows the bank that you were able to get a loan and pay it back on the specified dates and can handle debt/repayments.. this helps in getting loans (such as a house) later on..

And call a bank.. Weren't there some R31's sold as ADM?

Commonwealth bank is being sad to me, said cos I am a NZ Citizen and have lived here for less than a year, they said there is a RISK I will RUN back to NZ hahaha.

But car finance companys seem more flexible some how.

@Funkymonkey, will try give that a go lol.

That cant be right i finance my car using the bank even though i only finance $5000 so i have spare money for insurance and repairs. But they didnt mind what type of car i was buying as long as they earn interest and fees out of it.

if you get a bank loan for a car it has to be a personal loan or the car has to be under 5 years old so no skyline for you.

when using finance companys be very careful, the reason they give out loans to anyone is cause its worth it for them with hirer interest rates and what not.

and some even make you buy very specific types of cars that r usually priced more then what theyre worth, for the love of god dont use motor finiance wizard

"car loans" through banks are generally just secured loan and there are usually many more requirements that you have to meet to get the loan. you also have to have full comp insurance on the car. this is because the car becomes the security of the loan, meaning if you don't pay they reposes the car, and it also means that if someone does a search on the car they will find that there is money owing to a finance company.

if you get a personal loan you can buy whatever car you like as you don't really have to tell the bank what you plan on buying with the money. these loans are a bit harder to get though.

if you have gone through some sort of semi-dodgy finance company (such as motor wizard finance) then they may be a bit more picky about what cars you can get (motor wizard finance will only let you buy from one of their car yards, and even though they are interest free you just pay a buttload more for the car to start with so it balances out). other finance companies that just do cars will often charge a higher interest that banks, this is why they aren't as picky about who they lend to.

Skyline Models Australian Delivered

C110 (as Datsun 240K) 1973 - 1977

C210 (as Datsun Skyline) 1978 - 1981

R30 (First as Datsun Skyline later Nissan Skyline) 1981 -1986

R31 (Nissan Skyline) 1986 - 1990

R32 GTR 1990 - 1994

Skyline Models Australian Delivered

C110 (as Datsun 240K) 1973 - 1977

C210 (as Datsun Skyline) 1978 - 1981

R30 (First as Datsun Skyline later Nissan Skyline) 1981 -1986

R31 (Nissan Skyline) 1986 - 1990

R32 GTR 1990 - 1994