Sydney Meetup?

siddr20

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nah I don't think it's odd... I kinda don't like it either...

BUT

As a first meetup I recommend it, that way we can then decide if we like it or not :)

Either way we can do it both ways. Model shoot and work the car into it.

Does anyone have harnesses in there car? Topless driver seat shot with harnesses is the only "good" shot I think there is with a girl and a car. Otherwise they are just a massive distraction lol.

And no... I don't want to see b00bs, I'm trying to act professional here lol

My GTR has a harness :D

Looks like I was a bit late

That first image is stunning dude :D Love it!!!!

I keep getting home around this time and get too tired to process photos :) Will do some over the weekend.

But that first image is HOT!!!! nicely done.

whats your flickr link dude?

I liked that first shot too. there's one where shes in the red lookin smokin hot too. I'll work on that one over weekend or early next week and post it up too.

no pro tips on processing from Sidd? (I'll send you a couple of your car next week too) PM me the chicks mail and i'll send her the finished ones once they're done.

I would really of liked some depth to the 2 shots (e.g. f/2.2 or a wide open aperture). Everything is in focus in the BG and it's pulling my attention away from her. That's pretty much it.

Ooo and i donno, maybe cause i was there, but it seems this it's not a posed shot, it's like an in-between poses shot lol. Hard to explain, i know it wasn't but it looks like it.

I like the 2nd pose the best. Good job for a people person n00b!

Oh and sweet photos Nick, your getting better :/

matt - Um I like what you have done with the first pic. I wouldnt change anything. Maybe just smoothen or clone a little under her eyes? But i need to see a higher res pic of it to confirm.. Apart from that the first pic is great. Her skin is already great so just leave it natural. Im not too sure about that 2nd shot..Lighting seems great, but just her expression and her pose.. hmmm

Done any more photos?

I still havnt had the chance.. been so busy lately ;)

Will try some late tonight or tomorrow.

Any pics of the evo or my chaser?

Next meet up in December??

Maybe first week? since everyone will be busy towards christmas.. plus its only a seascape so no real need for planning. As long as weather stays good.

Thanks sidd, i don't really like the 2nd pic that much. i do like the over all comp, the lines of trees and her body are in straight lines, got a bit of black contrasting the green, but i don't like her pose or facial. i need to learn to direct more, need a bit more experience and needed more focused time with her to get the results i think. i have a couple red dress ones that are ok. i'll process them when i get the time too. i have a massive list of shit to do :)

the evo and chaser will pop up next week. i'd like to say i'll do them this week but i already know i won't have time. so so busy. don't even know i'd be able to make it to a dec meet. :P

I propose at future meetups we follow this structure:

Depending on what we are shooting etc...:

Tips whilst shooting - WHY you posed her like that/why you shot it like that/why you composed it like that

If lighting things - What settings on the lights/camera? WHY?

Accessories used - Filters etc.. Why did you use them? What do they achieve?

Sharing photos and asking other people what they think of them. To YOUR eyes it might be fine, but to someone else they might not like it. Whether it be CC or they like it, ask around. Take there opinions on board and continue shooting.

Specialty - If its model shoots/cars/seascapes, who ever has some experience should ask around that everyone is enjoying it/knows what they are doing. Where the focus, why its in the shot etc.. Give out some advice of what you do. Even if they dont like it.

End of shoot - A wrap up and proposal for next meetup.

Processing - Post up your shots and ask for CC. Any CC given should be clear and thorough. Why you processed it like that, etc etc etc...

If these meet and greets are to learn, i think we should at least host it like a mini workshop. No point people coming along and just telling them to "Shoot" without explaining things. Theres bound to be some n00bs coming along in the future.

Remember a key point: When we were all n00bs, the people we asked questions/read up on etc.. had to deal with us and they were friendly about it, whether we were annoying or not.

Treat the people asking you questions (providing they are relevant and you dont give away all your secrets if you dont want too) as if it were you a few years ago when you were learning :happy:

Thats all folks (insert - Bugs bunny voice)

What are your thoughts?

I'm not saying you didn't give tips/pointing the finger at anyone, it's just a general thing at a whole. People are better at shooting things e.g. you are great at weddings, whereas for example you might suck at shooting computer screens and someone else is good at it, if you know what i mean hahaha.

I wouldn't say we are all n00bs either. To the general population we know at least 90% more than they do about photography, (beginners) that is.

Why are you getting paid for weddings, if your a n00b! :ermm: <-- Because your not :P

• 2 weeks later...

Yo Sidd, i'd say your past beginner stage. Doesn't mean you're past the learning stage. for a good photographer i don't think you get get past needed to keep learning.

I'll have a couple shots of your car and probably 1 or 2 more of jemma up over the next week. i've been absolutely snowed under working on this SAU calendar, It's pretty much done now but I also have a couple other pieces of work for family that needs to be done for xmas. I haven't forgotten, sorry for loooooooooonnnnnnnnggggggggg delay.

• 2 months later...

we've been talking about some beach/waterscapes. mid to late march sounds good. best wait for kory to return before we plan anything. he will be host since we'll be crashing his neighbourhood. I'm up for it though.