Sydney Meetup?

siddr20

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, so let's try and figure out a location to do this in. Is Homebush (somewhere around Olympic Park) okay? Pics outside of Acer Arena are overdone, but surely there are some other buildings in that area we could use. Plus, there's an increasing number of places to go for a feed or a few drinks around there too.

What other areas have some interesting buildings (or other features) we could use as backdrops for photos?

Homebush is a good place to start. Doesn't have to be be awesome, this is more like a workshop than a masterpiece.

I'm ok with shooting car and girl separate if that's what most want. I'm not phased either way and to run with what's going on :)

Theres a lot of industrial buildings around Homebush.

If you want something dark and savvy then Alexandria/Redfern is the place to go, but ummmm yeah, they speak for themselves. DAY TIME ONLY!!! Lolz0rz.

Shooting seperately is a good idea. Maybe, IF you want, talk with the model and ask if she will do a few poses near the car.

Remember she will want some good photos for her portfolio too etc...

Homebush seem's pretty central to everyone, it's a good starting point.

We need a date and how many people are coming and what time to meet. After this one, if it goes successfully we can continue to do it monthly :)

I got a beautiful model who could be keen. Will contact her today and ask. Hopefully she will be free. But I dont want to do bikini shots in fron the cars. I think it makes the whole image cheap!!! What are your thoughts?

How does nov 14, 21 or 28th sound? Its all on a sunday. I know everyone is always busy on a saturday.

This should give us enough time to prepare for the shoot.

Let me know whos keen and i will organise two models. Someone else organise the cars. Im happy for you to use mine if you wish.

If we get a lot of interest, then will try and find one more model.

Can someone else recommened a location please so i can let the model know. Im sure she would like to know the location before she comits.

Lets make it happen :P

Edited by siddr20

Any bikini shot in front of a car is cheap. No matter what.

Location will be around Homebush. Just say that.

Print out at a model release as well!!!!

Any of those dates are fine for me i assume at the moment.

I don't think there will be that many people we will need 3 models. 2 will be plenty. It will give the people who have never co-ordinated people/models an opportunity to get rid of there nerves and learn to shoot models.

I'll bring my strobes so you can play with them. Although unsure how long the vagabond will last lol, i'm guessing 2 and a bit hours probably.

We need cars now!!

Can i get a list of people who are keen to come and which dates they are free (14, 21 or 28) - Nov!!

Just copy and paste.

1. Sidd - 14, 21 or 28 is fine by me

Edited by siddr20

I wasn't thinking bikini. i was thinking in an outfit that suits the car, like urban, suit, clubbin, whatever... something that helps tell a story and matches the appearance of the car.

like a race car and a hot chick in a race suit. something along those lines.

or we could do the bikini car wash shoot hahaha.

mad loving the idea of strobes and power. been hanging to use some real lights on a car.

we can use my car, it is nice and clean, although it's standard and not to special... up to you guys. i wont be offended if we want something else.

Nov 14 is good, 21 could be ok... the later we go the more chance i won't be able to get out. house is due for completion late nov. having said that if a later date suits the majority i'm happy to try and work around it, or miss out if it's for the greater good of the group.

Who cares about some lame house your watching get built! You got 25so years you can look at it! :P

Anyhow, i'm in the same boat as Matt. The later it gets, the more i'm not going to be able to make it.

I vote November 14 should be good.

It's true about the girl, but it will be more of a shoot of THE GIRL instead of the car. I still say we split it up and some people shoot the car and then switch and shoot the girl, the other group shoots the car. Then at the end we can combine it.

I got a beautiful model who could be keen. Will contact her today and ask. Hopefully she will be free. But I dont want to do bikini shots in fron the cars. I think it makes the whole image cheap!!! What are your thoughts?

How does nov 14, 21 or 28th sound? Its all on a sunday. I know everyone is always busy on a saturday.

This should give us enough time to prepare for the shoot.

Let me know whos keen and i will organise two models. Someone else organise the cars. Im happy for you to use mine if you wish.

If we get a lot of interest, then will try and find one more model.

Can someone else recommened a location please so i can let the model know. Im sure she would like to know the location before she comits.

Lets make it happen :P

Oh Sidd, 28th of November is the SAU-NSW Texikhana - you should come to that, and ENTER your Chaser!!!

There's a link in my sig.

Alright lets make it nov 14th then. Its a sunday. Not to far away.

I will get the models organised for that day :)

Nick - Once i get my car tuned i will deff do it. Will check out the link. thanks

Damn that model cant shoot in nov. She is only free in december. She is so beautiful..

Will try and find another model. Sorry guys... But lock in nov 14th. I will make it happen.

Worse comes to worse, i will be the model :)

Edited by siddr20

Sidd will you get your tits out for the boys? :ermm:

Forsters weather is awesome. Gonna get camera out later on

I always go up to Seal rocks/Boomerang beach/Blues Point there surfing. You woulda past it depending which way you went. If you stay on the road that is right next to the beaches, go check it out. I got a fair few shots from up there in project 365, see if you can guess which ones!