SAU Community

R35 Gt-r Adm Changes Since Release

OzStriker

ok where were we...

yeah R35 is more comparable with R8 if we are talking audi product. both in placement and performance. what's aus retail on an R8 these days?

not even dude, the v8 is barely a match for a 997 carrera s and the v10 seems to struggle both in straight line and around a track from motoring mag/vid comparos

Edited by domino_z

I know i've driven the v8 R8 on the track and i didn't say it was a GTR beater!! just competitor. have not had a 'proper' drive of a v10 so I don't really know how they perform but it must surely be better than the 8. but I was just pointing out no way is the R35 a RS5 competitor, I agreed with you. in comparing those two the audi is the car that's overpriced.

actually no, the RS5 is the overpriced car in that comparison

my C63 did everything the RS5 can and cost me 140 on the road, and sold for same 6 months later. Audi depreciation on anything over 100K is Lexus LS epic

the GTR is in a different league performance wise compared to E9X M3, RS5, C63, IS-F

Indeed, a friend recently took an M3, RS5 and GT-R for a test drive. He was conned by MB into going to their showroom to test drive a C63 and when he got there it was so boxed in on the top floor on a turntable that it was clearly evident they never had any intention of letting him drive it! His impressions? M3 has the noise and accommodation for his robust 6 foot something frame. And it's a BMW so as far as he's concerned looks and the pose value is better....meh.... Looks like a 3 series with big wheels and flared guards to me. I had to say that, I'm still smarting for a mate who's wife made him buy a 318 Bimmer instead of an STi because they cost the same but "honey it's a BMW" :) The RS5 was also underwhelming performance wise but was the most refined but at that price you'd go the C63 as in that category its clearly the bargain. RS5s got lots of techno gadgets in the driveline if you like that kind of thing. He was totally put off by the C63 salesman and hasn't revisited that car elsewhere. He was completely blown away by the GT-R performance. As you say, in another league to all of them. He actually had nice things to say about the GT-R's trans compared with the M3 and said in auto mode it shifted better than the BMW. Only problem with the GT-R? His head hits the roof and Nissan are currently investigating an aftermarket seat/rail so he can fit in it without reclining the seat too much. This is the only thing that stopped him going for the GTR there and then. I was kind of pleased with hearing his opinion as I know he's far more image oriented than myself and even so would choose the GT-R over the others....assuming he can fit in it.. :P

Hopefully he wont want to ever wear a helmet in it. Oh and the dealer, (not Nissan), said a midpipe wouldn't be an issue warranty wise! Interesting what they'll say to get a sale.

Edited by fungoolie

at one stage i was looking at the E93 M3 as a replacement to my '05 E46 M3 but the new cars are far too heavy and with the roof up you could really feel the weight of that metal roof in the corners, i didnt notice much of a peformance gain. Also i was disgusted at the 200k+ sticker price. My E46 new was 160, a good 10K over normal RRP but acceptable since its a full individual build with paint, interior and trim not from the stock brochure

what irked me most though was that there was an extra 50K in the price ONLY because BMW had to justify the existence of the 1 series. It is not a 200k car, nor is it even a 150K car in comparison to the C63. The sound/exhaust burble for a stock car makes for alot of fun on the road

i dont like audi's full stop. I think what did it for me is the fact they need two performance versions of every model. Its as if, if the first car doesnt succeed, try again. And this was so true back with the B6 S4. Audi made a big deal about it being an E46 M3 killer with its V8 and AWD, and the M3 owned it with less power and RWD. So they went back to the drawing board and invented this new performance arm with an R in front of it

+1 i cant stand people who buy a badge simply to play the hero role

Edited by domino_z

Correct me if I am wrong but the price of the 2012 GTR will be whatever Nissan want it to be as Nissan only sold the GTR as a global release so that it could not be imported here and other countries, because lets face it in a less then a year a used 2008 GTR in Japan will be dirt cheap and with compliance would be well less then a $100000 in Australia.

But in any case it is a great car and even at $200000 (even if overpriced due to the s*** Aus Goverment Taxest that only we seem to have) when compaired to the European cars...

What's the situation with voiding warranty by launching the car repeatedly? Couple of years ago I remember the US Market making a fuss about people breaking gearboxes or something and Nissan would not honour the warranty die to some technicallity.

Any updates on this would be very appreciated. There should be a sticky about all this.

What's the situation with voiding warranty by launching the car repeatedly? Couple of years ago I remember the US Market making a fuss about people breaking gearboxes or something and Nissan would not honour the warranty die to some technicallity.

Any updates on this would be very appreciated. There should be a sticky about all this.

Off topic much?

New launch control does not require VDC off. Its all about VDC. Not so much the 'repeated launches'. You looking to buy a 2010 or 2011 GTR?

I didn't really think it was off topic since it's about updates on the r35.

I have been trying to calculate my finances but my budget only allows me a late 09 2nd Hand right now. But it seems to be worthwhile waiting for a 2012 model

ok fair enough.

2012 will be worthwhile yes.

Affordable to someone scraping for an 09? Probably not.

There is debate now about how much the 2012 will be. The consensus seems to be around the $200,000 mark. I really doubt it will be the same as a 2010 model considering the changes are rather significant and Nissan Aus will def pass that extra charge to the customer.

ps the older model can get an ECU upgrade to allow for launch control without turning off VDC. Chime in people if this is not the case. Also do try and remember that without launching your only slower by a very small margin.  

Ordering to Nissan Japan goes in late this month for MY11s (according to two Dealer Principals) and dealerships appear keen to lock in orders before this date arrives.

I could be wrong but I am getting the feeling that the best time for a good deal on an 11 is now.....

Ordering to Nissan Japan goes in late this month for MY11s (according to two Dealer Principals) and dealerships appear keen to lock in orders before this date arrives.

I could be wrong but I am getting the feeling that the best time for a good deal on an 11 is now.....

..also g35me is selling his 2010 GTR I believe for a bit of a bargain. You should check it out. Just don't ask him about his car being in an accident! ...you might get banned  :P

..also g35me is selling his 2010 GTR I believe for a bit of a bargain. You should check it out. Just don't ask him about his car being in an accident! ...you might get banned :D

Yes I thought it best I leave that thread alone, and thankfully I am still here :ermm:

I put a deposit down today for a 2011 and managed to agree to a price which makes me feel pretty happy - much the same as current discountnewcars pricing for a 2010. I think the 2011 will be a great car and I am glad I waited until now to buy. I THINK I am better off ordering now because most sources seem to suggest the price is going up.

By getting the M3 a few years ago, I have satisfied my urge for a V8 at 8400rpm and can now look forward to the GTR.

I just hope the GTR gives a similar feeling of balance, which I think is the best trait of the M3.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone been able to clarify that the 2012 GTRs will only come in the following colours?

The next GT-R will get a revised front fascia complete with new (and sure to be controversial) LED driving lights frenched into new canards at either corner of the front bumper, lowering the car's coefficient of drag from 0.272 to 0.268.

There's also a new rear diffuser that adds 10 percent more downforce at the business end and a set of forged wheels from Rays cut 6.6 pounds of unsprung weight at each corner for a total loss of over 26 pounds. Impressive. There are reportedly two new colors for both the wheels – Hyper Blue Black and Hyper Titanium – and for the car – Aurora Flare Blue Pearl and Nebula Opal Black.

Has anyone been able to clarify that the 2012 GTRs will only come in the following colours?

Those two colours listed are NEW added colours - I'm pretty sure it will also come in white,GMG, red, silver etc.

• 3 months later...

This is probably an ignorante questions but why is the GTR 2012 RRP in U.S $90,000 but here in Australia it is double that?

3 taxes before you've even left the showroom

LCT + gst + stamp duty

Edited by domino_z