SAU Community

Problem With R34 Gtt Please Help!

dont_ask

I have seen this problem 2 or 3 times already. I recently just received my R34 GTT from japan. I drive the car slowly because, I baby the car.

One day when i was driving to work the engine warning light turned on and my TCS Turn off automatically. I thought the car had a sudden malfunction so i pulled over and switch off the car for 1 minute and turn it back on. IT disappeared and last night similar thing happen and I was on the M5 traveling about 100km/h. I pulled over in the emergency lane and switch off the engine for 5 minutes and turn it back on and it disappeared.

Just wondering has anyone ever experience these problems and is there a fix for it. I never noticed it when I had the old engine oil that came from japan and the transmission fluid. I change it to Mobil 1 5W-30 and Redline transmission fluid. After that I have seen it twice now. Its really starting to scare me. Does anyone think I am using the wrong fluids or its just my computer in the car is toying with me.

Seeing it twice in a month is scaring me a lot, I love the car so I don't want to see anything happen to it. Please Help someone!!!! :laugh::banana::bunny:

To people that may not know how the engine warning light looks like i have attached a picture of which light it is.

post-74471-1287845741.jpg

Isn't that symbol known as the emissions icon.

There are sensors monitoring this somewhere.

Dirty fuel /water causes this to appear.

Try a bottle of Wynns spit fire with your next fill up, and stay away from the Servos you've been using for a while.

Might take a while to stop appearing.

Better have a minor service and have the fuel filter changed.

The best thing to do as mentioned is get a diagnostics run on the car by taking it to a good high performance work shop (depends on your state).

Was it just the engine check light and TCS or did the slip icon light up also?

If it was all three then chances are it is your coilpacks as this is the most common for these warning lights.

:laugh:

Edited by 99 GTT

Get a diagnostics run on the car but very good chance it could be coil packs as this is what displayed when i did mine. Keep in mind some things have the same warning lights(e.g. could be just bad plug). I recommend Splitfire if needed as you will not need to replace again even if you upgrade performance. If you want a good deal give my mate James a call if you need them or any other parts.. James: Superior Auto Parts (Not everything on his website just call he will give you a price etc)

Hope that helps let me know how it goes..

Edited by 99 GTT

the engline light, slip & TCS lights are usual indications your coils need replacing..

but for future reference.. if you are worried about your car.. they got these places that contain mechanics.. strangely enough these mechanics are able to do work on your car, they can also diagnose problems.. if you are so worried about your car, don't delay and get it looked at instead of just hiding the problem..

check in your sates section for mechanics that work on imports so you can trust the mechanic working on your car is experienced in imports..

I have the Nissan Consult cable ... bring it over to me if you want and I'll plug it in and the computer tells ya what the error code (if any) is. I'm in Five Dock. Send me a PM if you want to come over.

Also I'd change the oild to something a bit thicker .. 10W40 Royal Purple seems to be a good range (I run 15W40 RP but it has to be ordered from Melb where as 10W40 is off the shelf). Another thing .. only use BP Ultimate, don't fill up at random servos or 95ron.