SAU Community

V35 Atracting Boy Racers

prob shouldnt say this but had many runs with whores and boreds, had heaps of *wow nice is that the new gtr?* heaps of comments at the lights and at petrol stations. heaps of is that the new 350z?

on the note of unmark car... i had an unmarked wrx stil hatch tailgating me...i floored it, pulled me over, cop a 7demerits $1k loss of licence. at the end of the day you get enthusiasts and you get the idiots.

7 demerits and 1k fine? how fast were you doing??

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

..."Here we go again". At the next lights, he showed me thumbs up with everyone looking at my car, and then they floored it. What is the meaning of that? :) I am not going to race with a Daewoo.

Very wise - it's best not to race with the "Great Universe" which is what "Daewoo" means!

It's also important not to pronounce the thing "Deawoo" which means, "Your mother came over last night and had..."

http://www.craveonline.com/entertainment/h...ince-soju-73831

:)

Very wise - it's best not to race with the "Great Universe" which is what "Daewoo" means!

It's also important not to pronounce the thing "Deawoo" which means, "Your mother came over last night and had..."

http://www.craveonline.com/entertainment/h...ince-soju-73831

:)

Good find, mate.

Very nice information of Deawoo...sorry, I mean Daewoo. :)

Edited by Victor.T

UNMARKED WRX? realy didnt know cops had them as well, good to know

I'm not sure but I believe that a lot of the 'non-typical' cop cars like the wrx are actually undercover cops - different to the unmarked patrol cars. And that usually they won't pull you over for anything unless it's serious like 30+km over the limit which you must have been doing. I know that they even drive golf gti's. UC's can be in anything

I'm not sure but I believe that a lot of the 'non-typical' cop cars like the wrx are actually undercover cops - different to the unmarked patrol cars. And that usually they won't pull you over for anything unless it's serious like 30+km over the limit which you must have been doing. I know that they even drive golf gti's. UC's can be in anything

Indeed!

If you are being a dick on the roads, just because a beat up 1 tonne falcon ute is the only car around doesnt mean its a cop.

Ive seen many a car pulled over by and un-marked "work ute" complete with wheel barrow and toolboxes in the tray.

Indeed!

If you are being a dick on the roads, just because a beat up 1 tonne falcon ute is the only car around doesnt mean its a cop.

Ive seen many a car pulled over by and un-marked "work ute" complete with wheel barrow and toolboxes in the tray.

those were probably the forensic guys ... they all drive utes i believe, n need 'work ute' type stuff like wheel barrows etc

question. Cop sitting behind u and u take off quikly and say hit 80 in a 60 zone in the space of 100m, how can the cop judge your speed?. I know they can get u for reckless driving if your wheels leave the ground but im just wondering what they charge u with for taking off to fast.

question. Cop sitting behind u and u take off quikly and say hit 80 in a 60 zone in the space of 100m, how can the cop judge your speed?. I know they can get u for reckless driving if your wheels leave the ground but im just wondering what they charge u with for taking off to fast.

Excessive noise, hooning and reckless driving. One of my friend got that (excessive noise) on our last cruise, which was done by somebody else. But he took off abit fast afterwards from the lights and they saw him from across the road and came after him.

Either way, they got you for something.

Edited by Victor.T

excessive acceleration is also a crime.. you could go up to 80 which is the limit - but do it too fast and boom .. bend over and take it

excessive acceleration is also a crime.. you could go up to 80 which is the limit - but do it too fast and boom .. bend over and take it

^ That is correct. Even if you don't go past the speed limit, fast acceleration is unacceptable for them.

At the end of the day, it's just not worth it for you to pay the fine and go through the pits just because you accelerated fast or did something stupid.

excessive noise. im fighting a court case atm.

^ That is correct. Even if you don't go past the speed limit, fast acceleration is unacceptable for them.

At the end of the day, it's just not worth it for you to pay the fine and go through the pits just because you accelerated fast or did something stupid.

then we should all be driving a 70kw car.

7 demerits and 1k fine? how fast were you doing??

i wont quote but it was more then enough to impound a car. reason i got away was that they were tailgating me. my only response i got when i told them was...you can either bring us to caught for tailgating or doing viii0 over

then we should all be driving a 70kw car.

I drive a 70kw car and i still get pulled over. and i also got busted for speeding in it!

doesnt matter what car youre in. if you do something stupid, youre going to be caught!

I drive a 70kw car and i still get pulled over. and i also got busted for speeding in it!

doesnt matter what car youre in. if you do something stupid, youre going to be caught!

obviously if you drive like a dick then you'll surely be caught. however what im pointing out is, manufactures make big hp cars, whats the damage having a little squirt from 0-xxkms under the speed limit? nothing but a ticker for something stupid. this is without any tyre screech or burnouts and driven under control.

excessive noise. im fighting a court case atm.

also if thats not the case and they cant judge your speed, they'll pick you for something else. my advice is NEVER EVER admit to anything.

obviously if you drive like a dick then you'll surely be caught. however what im pointing out is, manufactures make big hp cars, whats the damage having a little squirt from 0-xxkms under the speed limit? nothing but a ticker for something stupid. this is without any tyre screech or burnouts and driven under control.

hey Richard, I guess it can be argued that accidents can be caused even if well in the speed limit. I've noticed numerous occasions where cars and utes fishtail it when taking bends at lights even if they were within speed limits. and because its such a grey area...accessive acceleration or hooning laws have been broaden to cover all aspects.

hey Richard, I guess it can be argued that accidents can be caused even if well in the speed limit. I've noticed numerous occasions where cars and utes fishtail it when taking bends at lights even if they were within speed limits. and because its such a grey area...accessive acceleration or hooning laws have been broaden to cover all aspects.

There's a difference between fishtailing and acceleration fast without spinning wheels.

Three situations. One car an hyundai excel accels as fast as it can to the limit say 60kmh. Pulled over by the cops and fined.

Second car "V35" accels at half it's potential and reachs 60kmh the same time as the "Excel". Not pulled over by the cops.

Both cars side by side. Excel and V35 take off with Excel going as fast as it can up to the limit and the V35 matching it speed not caring what the Excel is doing

:P . Both pulled over for racing.

i guess end of the day the cops have a duty which entrust them with making a judgement call and in all fairness theres been no reported cases of them abusing the hoon laws

i have been in a couple of cruises and seen (or done <<not admitting to anything ) a lot of members exceed the speed limit ...but the minute a ticket is issued we scream injustice.

give d coppers a break...they are trying to make it safer for all of us :P