SAU Community

V35 Atracting Boy Racers

i guess end of the day the cops have a duty which entrust them with making a judgement call and in all fairness theres been no reported cases of them abusing the hoon laws

i have been in a couple of cruises and seen (or done <<not admitting to anything ) a lot of members exceed the speed limit ...but the minute a ticket is issued we scream injustice.

give d coppers a break...they are trying to make it safer for all of us :P

i have a mate that is a cop and the stories that he tels me and the stuff that he has to see because some duche decided he can control the car makes me apreciate what cops do. yes there are ocasions when they are whrong and is best that you talk to them civilised and discuss it in a logical and be restpectful way, most of them will agree with you if you seem like a decent person and have a valid point, as for the 2 cars both starting up at the same time if the cops pull them over and charge them with racing the excell will get booked for trying to race teh V can argue that he was just driving normaly and the excell tried to race the obvious being that a V6 3.5 litre did not rev up above 5000RPM any decent cop will understand that a high preformance car was not raacing, and if the cop is still arguing race then take it to court

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess end of the day the cops have a duty which entrust them with making a judgement call and in all fairness theres been no reported cases of them abusing the hoon laws

i have been in a couple of cruises and seen (or done <<not admitting to anything ) a lot of members exceed the speed limit ...but the minute a ticket is issued we scream injustice.

give d coppers a break...they are trying to make it safer for all of us :thumbsup:

not the f*kin one i had. paul imm still waiting for the video bro so i can take it to court and get him suspended from the force.

i have a mate that is a cop and the stories that he tels me and the stuff that he has to see because some duche decided he can control the car makes me apreciate what cops do. yes there are ocasions when they are whrong and is best that you talk to them civilised and discuss it in a logical and be restpectful way, most of them will agree with you if you seem like a decent person and have a valid point, as for the 2 cars both starting up at the same time if the cops pull them over and charge them with racing the excell will get booked for trying to race teh V can argue that he was just driving normaly and the excell tried to race the obvious being that a V6 3.5 litre did not rev up above 5000RPM any decent cop will understand that a high preformance car was not raacing, and if the cop is still arguing race then take it to court

so its going to be a waste of time either way. majorities are well mannered and doing their job respectively but others just abuse their power. going to court is going to cost $ and time. rarely do you win and they will try to drag the date as long as they can.

actually the statistics are about 50/50 when you take a police officer to court. i really depends on the judge on the day you have your hearing.

court costs are something like $65

Cops do have a duty to protect and enforce the rules which govern this country - most of the time they do the right thing, however, where justice is blurred is at the parliament/court level. The rules which get legislated and the judgements which get handed down are a result of decisions made by members of parliament, judges and in general politics. As a result with the strict traffic laws we have imposed upon us, there are a few cops who abuse this and follow the law to the letter. I agree that it's their job to do so however a subjective judgement should be made on the circumstances surrounding whichever law one has breached (i.e. taking into account traffic on the road, time of day, what kind of road it's on etc) and only then should a penalty be imposed.

I've had a cop, some 5 years ago (just after I got my P's) pull me over on a bright street in one of Perth's clubbing districts because I had forgotten to turn my low-beams on and had just my parker lights on (didn't realise at the time as the interior lights come on regardless if U have parkers or lowbeams) - I got handed a 3 demerit and $150 fine for "driving without lights" even though my rear lights were on, it was a bright street and it wasn't intentional. That's called plain stupidity - and I haven't mentioned that I was travelling at 40km/h and had just pulled out of a carpark. 2 years later, I got pulled over doing 80km/h in a 60 zone at 3am after coming back from a late-night uni study session. The cop let me go when I explained where I was coming from and that I had an exam the next day. That's called common sense and using judgement.

Injustice is when my neighbour gets beaten to the pulp whilst walking with his GF in a park (totally unprovoked), the attackers identified (5 of them) and their only penalty is paying his medical bills... However, speed or turn without indicating and you're f_ _ _ ed.

I too have a mate who used to be a narcotics sergeant in one of Perth's busiest police stations and he labels traffic cops as being "bored cops who look for action in the field by pulling people over". His words not mine...

so its going to be a waste of time either way. majorities are well mannered and doing their job respectively but others just abuse their power. going to court is going to cost $ and time. rarely do you win and they will try to drag the date as long as they can.

i hear u mate...and wish u all d best in the court case. btw how'd ur car go at the pits? maybe if it clears that, then u have a stronger case in court

There are 2 types of cops - humans and robots.

In the bush in NSW we have the local cops -don't go out of their way to give traffic tickets unless you are asking for it or dangerous.

Then we have the one "crunchy back" or "cockroach" highway patrol. Even the local police hate him. They last a few years and move on or are moved on. Our current one was pushed out of another nearby country town because of his antics. (I would use the term piriah except I am not sure how to spell it.)

He goes out of his way to catch people, hit easy targets, hide near spots where it is easy to over run limit momentarily, hang around the end of road works even try to catch other police "the day after".

Great at collecting for the government and bad PR for the other decent cops.

i hear u mate...and wish u all d best in the court case. btw how'd ur car go at the pits? maybe if it clears that, then u have a stronger case in court

went fine passed today. only prob b4 was lowered and 5% tint.

not the f*kin one i had. paul imm still waiting for the video bro so i can take it to court and get him suspended from the force.

Sorry i'll do it tomorrow night.

Don't have much. Just him talking to you. Thought Lauren was filming when we were at the lights, but she wasn't.

I'll put up what i got.

when i read this thread a few days ago, i didn't think much of it as i haven't had too many try hards since i got the v36.

but then yesterday, an old man (looked 50s) in a current shaped z4 wanted to go me at the lights. you'd think at that age, they'd know better.

the role reversal was kind of funny though, old man in a sports car, young man in family sedan.

Edited by SyKRyD

when i read this thread a few days ago, i didn't think much of it as i haven't had too many try hards since i got the v36.

but then yesterday, an old man (looked 50s) in a current shaped z4 wanted to go me at the lights. you'd think at that age, they'd know better.

the role reversal was kind of funny though, old man in a sports car, young man in family sedan.

I guess age doesn't matter. Idiots are still idiots. :D

He's probably thinking the propeller can't afford to lose to a cheeseburger.

sounds like a bad case of Mid Life crisis !

• 3 weeks later...

Isn't it awesome that whilst we drive something that has a perceived high-performance, it also has fantastic styling, form, and luxury to match, so we don't need to drive it fast to prove a point that we have one of the best value for money sports/luxury cars ever to exist... We need to drive our car slower so that more people can appreciate it!

Sorry to offend others out there, but a Commodore/Falcon only looks good going at high speeds because it hides how horrible the shape and styling is.. And since the resale value diminishes by "Square root of cost price" each year they need to get as much use out of it as they can!

On the other side, our car looked great 8 years ago, still looks great today, and will probably still look good in 5+ years time if the direction of the Audi S5 is anything to go by.. (I think our shapes are very similar)

Don't ever sell it people! take it all the way to 100,000kms then rebuild the engine!

Take it to 120,000kms, Have your first Kid then put a Babyseat in the Backseat!.

Take it to 140,000kms, Have your second kid and get a 2nd Car, but put a supercharger in it and make sure the bonnet still stays stock so that your wife doesn't notice anything sus.

Also, get rid of that middle section of your seats which has collected over 140ks of sweat and re-upholster the thing in New Black cow-hide leather.

Take it to all your business meetings, secretly laughing at all your clients who are driving BMWs with 50% luxury tax on them, and costs thousands of dollars to service just to 'maintain' not IMPROVE their vehicle and when you get to 180,000+kms, Dude... you have already been through so much with this baby, just build a shed in the backyard and go check up on her everytime you need to mow the lawn.

Fast forward, your first child is now 16, think again... give them the 2nd car to beat up, don't let anyone touch this, but invite anyone over who you know used to own a commodore/falcon to have drinks and gloat..

Well this is my life plan as far.. FYi. i've done about 80,000ks so far.. :P

Isn't it awesome that whilst we drive something that has a perceived high-performance, it also has fantastic styling, form, and luxury to match, so we don't need to drive it fast to prove a point that we have one of the best value for money sports/luxury cars ever to exist... We need to drive our car slower so that more people can appreciate it!

Sorry to offend others out there, but a Commodore/Falcon only looks good going at high speeds because it hides how horrible the shape and styling is.. And since the resale value diminishes by "Square root of cost price" each year they need to get as much use out of it as they can!

On the other side, our car looked great 8 years ago, still looks great today, and will probably still look good in 5+ years time if the direction of the Audi S5 is anything to go by.. (I think our shapes are very similar)

Don't ever sell it people! take it all the way to 100,000kms then rebuild the engine!

Take it to 120,000kms, Have your first Kid then put a Babyseat in the Backseat!.

Take it to 140,000kms, Have your second kid and get a 2nd Car, but put a supercharger in it and make sure the bonnet still stays stock so that your wife doesn't notice anything sus.

Also, get rid of that middle section of your seats which has collected over 140ks of sweat and re-upholster the thing in New Black cow-hide leather.

Take it to all your business meetings, secretly laughing at all your clients who are driving BMWs with 50% luxury tax on them, and costs thousands of dollars to service just to 'maintain' not IMPROVE their vehicle and when you get to 180,000+kms, Dude... you have already been through so much with this baby, just build a shed in the backyard and go check up on her everytime you need to mow the lawn.

Fast forward, your first child is now 16, think again... give them the 2nd car to beat up, don't let anyone touch this, but invite anyone over who you know used to own a commodore/falcon to have drinks and gloat..

Well this is my life plan as far.. FYi. i've done about 80,000ks so far.. :O

^+1 mate...nicely sought out plan. :P

Well this is my life plan as far.. FYi. i've done about 80,000ks so far.. :)

180,000+ hmmmmm..... im planing to take this baby to 300,000+ and then more, maybe an engine swap with a V8 at 150 000 or a supercharger but other than that is perfection

only thing that would change my mind is if somone is willing to sell a GTR35 for the same price as a V35 :cool:

and so far im 80,000 as well and still smooth as 1st day i got it

• 7 months later...

In the bush in NSW we have the local cops -don't go out of their way to give traffic tickets unless you are asking for it or dangerous.

Then we have the one "crunchy back" or "cockroach" highway patrol. Even the local police hate him. They last a few years and move on or are moved on. Our current one was pushed out of another nearby country town because of his antics. (I would use the term piriah except I am not sure how to spell it.)

He goes out of his way to catch people, hit easy targets, hide near spots where it is easy to over run limit momentarily, hang around the end of road works even try to catch other police "the day after".

Great at collecting for the government and bad PR for the other decent cops.

I would love to see a cop giving a cop a ticket.

had a guy in an amg c63 give me a run from 3 sets of lights last saturday.

Best fun ever to be honest. Not to ridiculous speeds.

By the way its closer than you think to 0-100km/hr - the c63 is ever so slightly ahead to end of 2nd, then by the time I'm changing into 3rd the c63 pulls very hard and then its all over

and we slow down. The aggressive gearing in the 7spd auto gives it a reasonable go from take-off. Also I think the c63 cant plant the foot down flat at the lights without wheel spin which

results in traction control kicking in agressively