SAU Community

Subaru Wrx Sti

I couldn't wait for the WRX sedans to come out, since the hatches were so damn ugly. I didn't think it possible, but the sedan is even uglier IMO.

I ended up buying the hatch and am loving it (09 model with the proper suspension, tyres and power)

I don't think the sedan is any more practical than the hatch, and in fact you lose a lot of flexibility with load carrying. The hatch suits our family duties perfectly, and has taken a few big loads with the back seats folded down. Couldn't have done that with the sedan.

Also, the sedan is 150mm longer, so harder to fit in my garage with the 6m long car trailer in front of it.

Looks? All I can say is they look heaps better in the flesh than on paper, but then again I've spent my whole life driving boring, ugly cars, so I don't have a need for cars that attract attention.

Hey guys,

as a family type sports car who likes the new sedan version of the STI? Wasnt a fan of the hatchback but i think this model could definitely grow on me!

http://www.redbook.com.au/used-cars/detail...id=12BE8212D553

I am in the same boat as you, Dames. Personally, I love my V35 coupe but will be needing more practical car in 3-4 years time for expanding family, plus abit of turbo power for driving pleasure. :)

For that, I would choose a 2010 STI hatch. They are very spaceable (Groceries shopping, airport transfer, baby pram, etc.), not 100% track purpose like Evo's (Good for city driving and long distance drives), and..oh my god..they are so damn sexy in a flash with those pump out guards. All you need to make it outstanding is a drop, carbon fibre goodies and exhaust. Sure it looks like a done-up Hyundai or Kia, but everybody knows it's a STI now.

The sedan and Evo 10 looks nice too, but not as practical as hatch for my likings. I would only go for a STi sedan or Evo if I have another daily (Hatchback or 4WD) and have extra cash to spend on track works.

Edited by Victor.T

sedan looks good in this pic, as does the hatch, but once you look at it from other angles then the hatch starts to look better

Subaru-Impreza-WRX-STI-4-lg.jpg

^ +1 for that.

Also, I think, performance wise, hatch is better at cornering and handling as Subaru rally drivers used and prefered the hatch.

Edited by Victor.T

Personally I find most of the new WRX's to look a bit strange. The old GC shapes just had so much presence for their time.

Evo X for me out of the two :down:

2008evox_GTR_02.jpg

+1

and the Evo is the better car outta the 2

I am in the same boat as you, Dames. Personally, I love my V35 coupe but will be needing more practical car in 3-4 years time for expanding family, plus abit of turbo power for driving pleasure. :P

For that, I would choose a 2010 STI hatch. They are very spaceable (Groceries shopping, airport transfer, baby pram, etc.), not 100% track purpose like Evo's (Good for city driving and long distance drives), and..oh my god..they are so damn sexy in a flash with those pump out guards. All you need to make it outstanding is a drop, carbon fibre goodies and exhaust. Sure it looks like a done-up Hyundai or Kia, but everybody knows it's a STI now.

The sedan and Evo 10 looks nice too, but not as practical as hatch for my likings. I would only go for a STi sedan or Evo if I have another daily (Hatchback or 4WD) and have extra cash to spend on track works.

Same boat indeed mate,

would love to stick to imports so hopefully there is some other hot Nissan available within the next few years or i might even jump ship and go Toyota...those Mark 2 IRV's are looking bloody fantastic

in my opinion and will surely only get better! Very VIP-ish :down:

post-35595-1288079328_thumb.jpg

post-35595-1288079336_thumb.jpg

Edited by TUFF_350

I am in the same boat as you, Dames. Personally, I love my V35 coupe but will be needing more practical car in 3-4 years time for expanding family, plus abit of turbo power for driving pleasure. :down:

If you are pramming it, get a wagon. There is no way the hatch will be big enough. Most sedans only just cut it.

Until now there has not been a choice with the rally cars, you either rallied a hatch or an Evo, for me the Sedan wins because it is a little less ugly, and because with the boy racer trolley handle it still looks a little like a WRX of old. Still next to the Liberty/Exiga these things are practically supermodels (a bit like comparing the current prime minister to the old one though)

the sedan sti

only looks good in white color, with black wheels,

the other colors makes the back look too much like a daewood(lights, and that chrome bootlid thing between the lights)

i prefer the hatch out of the 2

... still GC8 best looking rex

Same boat indeed mate,

would love to stick to imports so hopefully there is some other hot Nissan available within the next few years or i might even jump ship and go Toyota...those Mark 2 IRV's are looking bloody fantastic

in my opinion and will surely only get better! Very VIP-ish :P

Damn...that's the nicest Mark 2 I've ever seen.

You know you can make it VIP-ish with V36 sedan too. (Trying to keep you in a Nissan team. :down:)