SAU Community

R32 Gtr Spark Plugs

ben3322

just after some part numbers for spark plugs that people are using in R32 GTR's.

mines basically stock. put the listed plugs in there and its miss firing around 6000rpm.

PFR6A-11.

BCPR7A were in it and went alright but i would prefer some platinums or iridiums.

anyone run PFR7A-11???? the higher heat range should fix it but would like confirmation from someone using them before i spend another $90 on platinum plugs...

Mate Go Copper plugs much better spark then iridiums

NGK BCPR7ES

at around ~3.50 a plug i went from iridiums in the six range to these (little bit colder) in both my 300rwhp+ RB25 r32 and 307awkw r32 gtr and instantly better spark/idle/lack of misfire etc...

Pregapped to 0.8mm so if you intend to run a little extra boost would be perfect

amd at $21 to chang you can 5sets of new ones before getting near what iridiums cost...

Ps every tuner inc the tuners that try to flog you with HKS/GREDDY/TRUST plugs will recommend these if they didnt care about the markup on the other iridiums

ask around plenty of peeps on this forum using BCPR7ES as they are the go!!!

Actually i had these PFR6A-11 in my rb25det r32 first dyno 220rwhp heaps of missfire

only thing i changed was plugs to above mentioned Instantly no missfire then a bit of Afr fine tuning and managed 322rwhp with everything else the same!!!!

Edited by krayzie32

i run PFR8B-9 only cause i'm lazy and don't want to change plugs as often but cooper plugs have less resistence and therefor give slieghtly bigger spark, the smaller the gap the less chance of the spark getting blowen out and more low end torqe as the bigger gap gives top end .8 or .9 is ideal for allround.

hey kraysie32 thanks for part no i have been trying to find what cooper plugs the 26 runs i have a race coming up with a mate in a vz 5.7 that just had engine rebuilt after i beat him with his 11.6 and am going to need every advantage i can get.