SAU Community

Whats Your Pc Store?

Hawkboy4

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man alot of people use pc case gear. i looked on there site but i dunno how things work on there. Can you go to there shop in dingley and buy what ever part your after or do you have to buy online and it gets delivered to you.

man alot of people use pc case gear. i looked on there site but i dunno how things work on there. Can you go to there shop in dingley and buy what ever part your after or do you have to buy online and it gets delivered to you.

You must buy online but you can pickup.

guys i have been a pcccg man through and through ordering lots of parts from them shipped to WA. their prices have always been fantastic

BUT

Is it just me or have they not been passing on the good aussie dollar lately? reason being their prices were always cheaper than msy and netplus (local to me, www.netplus.com.au) but now when i am organising my i5 upgrade its about $120 cheaper to shop with msy and netplus. Its odd as they used to be the best hands down, but now... i dunno??

PCCG have NEVER been cheaper than MSY.

There is always $10 extra at least on most items. Rarely have I seen prices the same @ both places.

Is the postage free for any item? Or they all have set postage price's?

Postage costs whatever it costs, certainly not free. Just create and account and you'll see what stuff costs once you add to your cart, like most online places.

The site auto calculates it based on the size, weight, if you want express etc etc. Quite a good functional system.

None of the Aussie Distro's are passing on the price saving though. Typical price gouging of the market, it's been that way for a while now.

You can actually order stuff out of the US cheaper at the moment if you are willing to wait - and when I say cheaper, you can save a good $50 and that's after postage sometimes on a $300 item.

So overall if you ordered a new build from the US, delivered (no case, just smaller parts) I'd be surprised if there isn't a good $300 AUD in it.

I've gotta do a few builds soon so I'll be looking into that :D

Nah their Corsair SSD 60GB was cheaper through PCCG than MSY, BUT again this has all changed. Also my 5870 at the time was $10 cheaper at PCCG when i added on courier fees it ended up being the same so i thought bugger it will get it locally so should something go wrong i can see the person/jump the counter :-)

P.S. no account needed to work out postage on PCCG, just click on add items to cart then check out then it will show postage rates.

Yeah Nismoid check it out... just a bit unusual, also would you expect prices to go up in december just near xmas?

Nismoid, Divhunter, Mayuri... opinions gents......

P.S just to show you my nerdyness, here is a quick price comparison on "similarish" parts for my upgrade i did about 3 weeks ago. Not many cheap parts were at PCCG.

MSY

Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3R P55 MB $163

4G Kit ddr3 1600 Kingston HyperX Blue

$122

G.Skill Falcon2 64M Buffer 64G

$165

Win7 $109

I5 760 $219

WD caviar Black 1TB $108

$886

PCCASEGEAR

Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3R Motherboard = $165

I5 760 $229

Kingston HyperX KHX1600C8D3T1K2/4GX (2x2GB) DDR3 = $139

Corsair Force Series 60GB SSD $175 (has bracket!)

Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB WD1002FAEX = $109

Win 7 home $119

NETPLUS

WD caviar Black 1TB $108

SSD 60GB Gskill phoenix $179

I5 760 w turbo boost $218

4GB geil 1600MHZ $128

Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3R P55 MB $164

or

Asus P7P55-M P55 LGA1156 MB = $159

Win 7 $129

$926

sounds much like my build 25GTT, but I went for 2 Caviar Blacks in RAID0 and GSkill RAM.

Ash when I built mine, there was nothing cheaper on MSY than PCCG and yes I was checking every day due to being a poor kent lol.

My workmates still tend to use Scorptec, now they are always more expensive!

bozodos - any reason why you went the caviar blacks in raid? do you have an SSD as well?

Also looking at the Gskill RAM, it looks pretty good and well priced, im going to try and track down 6gb of ram rather than the 4.

I have the $$ ready but not in a rush, so am trying to figure out if prices go up near xmas which is maybe why PCCG prices arent as competitive as usual.

looks like i might have to give PCCG a try, if i was to buy something from there and the website says available would i be able to pick it up within a few hours of buying it?

yes, order online and select "store pickup"

They send you an email when its ready, usually 2-4hrs depending on time of day/workload etc.

I went with the two Caviar Blacks due to me having a lot of Steam games which I wanted sitting on my OS drive, and didn't have the money to buy two Velociraptors!

SSD's just don't have the storage space that I need for my games as well.

The GSkill RAM was cheap and priced very competively compared to say Corsair as well.

yes, order online and select "store pickup"

They send you an email when its ready, usually 2-4hrs depending on time of day/workload etc.

ok, i might have to try em out next time i need a new part.

I've had a good experience at MSY, melbourne branch that is (Sydney was absolutely crap).

Got my Core i7, ATI 5770, 4GB RAM, 1TB HD, 23" ASUS monitor, Gigabyte m/b and coolermaster case for $1000.