SAU Community

Tassie Car Dealer

PAV34

Thanks for that guys.

I spoke to to him about a gtr he has and i found it a little concerning that he wouldn't sell it with a warranty because it is a "race car".

Thanks for that guys.

I spoke to to him about a gtr he has and i found it a little concerning that he wouldn't sell it with a warranty because it is a "race car".

i certainly dont drive my gtr like i do my daily, so he is probably a smart man

Dont stress. One of my skylines came from a dealer. Was immaculate. But was the only car in the yard without warranty. Reason being... nearly exactly what you were told. But I never had a problem with that car. Still own it.... but now its rb30det with new box and diff and no luxuries lol so who needs waranty

if it's the spare White Hot R34 GTR N1 V-spec 11, then it has a heap of good bit's and was mainly driven around during Targa by Big John's wife..

never shunted and well maintained...

but only if it is the car we speak of, but i haven't seen it for 3 or 4 year's, and i don't know where it's been

if it's the spare White Hot R34 GTR N1 V-spec 11, then it has a heap of good bit's and was mainly driven around during Targa by Big John's wife..

never shunted and well maintained...

but only if it is the car we speak of, but i haven't seen it for 3 or 4 year's, and i don't know where it's been

This is what the salesman has told me. But I will see what I can find out.

This is what the salesman has told me. But I will see what I can find out.

the car is indeed the ex white hot "Spare car"

its all only roumors but ive heard its been poked and prodded for parts ect. this may or may not resuly in a better car. its certenly cheap for what it is. i remember about 4 years ago it was on car sales for $150 000.

but like any import you do have the added bonus of going and giving it a thurrow inspection rather than buying one off a few pics from japan.

the car is indeed the ex white hot "Spare car"

its all only roumors but ive heard its been poked and prodded for parts ect. this may or may not resuly in a better car. its certenly cheap for what it is. i remember about 4 years ago it was on car sales for $150 000.

but like any import you do have the added bonus of going and giving it a thurrow inspection rather than buying one off a few pics from japan.

Yeah it did get poked for a few part's over the year's, it was mainly suspention but the front and rear bar's and the boot lid did

get used at rally Burnie 1 year..., but when ever the event was done it would all get pulled back off the racer and refitted to the

roady, and new stuff ordered for the racer..

it was Big John's wife Annie's daily road car for 3 or 4 year's, luckliy Jason never got to drive it so it was never thrashed,

pretty sure the $150K was for the Race car, when it was sold by White Hot pretty sure it when around 60-70 large

Yeah it did get poked for a few part's over the year's, it was mainly suspention but the front and rear bar's and the boot lid did

get used at rally Burnie 1 year..., but when ever the event was done it would all get pulled back off the racer and refitted to the

it was Big John's wife Annie's daily road car for 3 or 4 year's, luckliy Jason never got to drive it so it was never thrashed,

pretty sure the $150K was for the Race car, when it was sold by White Hot pretty sure it when around 60-70 large

Hmmm thats a shame. It bothers me that it was whored for parts...i understand it was a 'spare' but i was hoping it never had to be used for that reason.

Ive been looking to buy for a while and i have developed a keen eye with the R34's and i noticed the Nissan and GTR badge are in the wrong position (even if not by much) on the boot lid when looking at the pics, so it doesn't surprise me you mentioned it was replaced or used on a different car. I know its not a big deal but i guess im fussy with these things.

It is still for sale on White Hot's website for $88k, so not sure whats going on there.

Thanks for your help.

[quote name='PAV34' date='9 Nov 2010, 12:36 PM' post='5540029'

It is still for sale on White Hot's website for $88k, so not sure whats going on there.

That would be because John's Daughter used to do the website, and she has a full time job and 2 kid's now, so it doesn't get updated...

if your really worried about talk to Clint at Performance Paint and Panel in ulverstone, he does all the White Hot panel and paint

work of there race car's, so i recon he would have done any work on the roady..

Cheers

John drove this car, his wife has BMW's.

if i was spending any sort of money this looks like its going to be id be looking at other R34 GTRs.

definitely not one thats been used as a parts car, not to say it hasnt been put back to good condition......

http://www.autostyle.com.au/cars_engine.asp