SAU Community

Fuel Pressure Test On R34 Rb25det

Pawel0409

the fuel pressure reg is to the right bolted on the end of the rail. the other two from what i understand, are fuel dampers to help smooth out pressure surging and spikes. nissan fast also lists them as dampers.

see attached,

post-34711-1290076410_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...

I'd imagine that - Before the reg will be pump pressure, which needs to be higher than the set reg pressure. After the reg should be the set reg pressure + boost.

so what is the stock 'set' reg pressure, I read somewhere that it is 48psi with varying opinions.. So mine should be 48psi + 12psi boost??

Dont allow for boost predsure when checking at idle. When on 12psi it should rise 12 psi.

haha jez I will leave it to you to check the blood pressure, fuel pressure or whatever.. Hoping your dyno guy will be available the week after to let us use his workshop

yesterday i filled up and again it did almost 20L/100kms the second time round, ridiculous economy - I would have expected it to drink less as its running lean in the mid-upper rpm band..

yesterday i filled up and again it did almost 20L/100kms the second time round, ridiculous economy - I would have expected it to drink less as its running lean in the mid-upper rpm band..

have you checked the fuel pressure? a dead reg can cause that

Thats what we will do when we take it to the dyno this sat, stupid car causing me headaches lol..hoping its the reg not pump, how do regs die.??

either the diaphram stops working properly and it affects pressure or they leak into the vac line and flood the motor.

i somehow managed to kill 3 regs in a matter of weeks and all 3 ran rich under vacuum and leaned right out under boost, fuel pressure just remained constant instead of rising and falling with manifold pressure.

so yer, check pressure and check the vac line for any signs of fuel