SAU Community

Where To Buy R33 GTR - Heavily Modified

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but i cant justify spending 60000 + on a 8 year old car. But i do have his webpage bookmarked to keep an eye on the price (see if it comes down).

That implies that you think that it's too expensive for your budget or that he's asking too much. You choose which.

Don't get upset... We're all big boys here aren't we? Jack and I are just pointing out that if you think that ph1's car is not worth the money, then you are mistaken.

Dan, if $60k is too much for you to spend then don't look for a 'heavily modified' GTR, that is in fantastic condition inside and out.....

For $50k you could get a heavily modified gtr that looks like it's been to world war 2 and back, and believe me the battle scars show!!! I've seen some pretty dismal r33 gtr's out there......

Do we shit you??? C'mon don't be like that, were just stating the truth and being realistic, no harm intended....

Good choice of car though!!!:)

Well, this thread was quite an interesting read.

As Merli pointed out, and mentioned by other people I have spoken to who are in the market for immaculate 33GTRs, you will NOT find a good quality original car for under 40-45k. 20k does not go far on modifications to these things, and once you start it gets pretty hard to stop.

I think 62,500 is a VERY reasonable price for my car, especially in comparison to the two cars advertised above at UAS for 55k and 60k. There are buyers for cars in this price range, last week I received 2 offers in the 50k bracket, but I will not be accepting them as its just not worth selling for anything below my asking price. Eventually a serious buyer will come along, but in the meantime I am prepared to hold out for my asking price and enjoy the car for a bit longer.

Dan,

most of us have been there, done that...etc when looking to get into a gtr . including mmmwahh! I'm curious though as to what you define as heavily modified & whether you have a hp/kw range in mind?

As for finding a clean "genuine" gtr! good luck. there are heaps of'em out there & off the top of my head i reckon less than 10% are the genuine article. by way of no panel damage, plates missing, numbers matching, years matching... bla bla bla. A classic was series 1's, being sold as 2's & 3's. I know of a purple vspec in WA, with purple wheels with exactly that same crap.

Once you find the genuine article, then iof luck find its way to you, hopefully it's modified the way you wish! Good luck.

ph1 - I think your car looks in magificant condition, and the mods speak for themselves (even though im not a fan of the wheels) - i would have bought it already but your slightly out out my reach on the price.

Best of luck to you with the sale, it a terrific example of a GTR .

Daniel

It's a buyers' market, and has been for a long time

price a car is 'worth' <-------------------> price a car can actually be sold for

two quite different things indeed. I think that fact is lost on a few of you. It's an all too familiar story - people hold out on a price, then find that the market price is plummeting below them (and this is skyline depreciation we are talking about).

I agree in principle, some of these cars have had FANTASTIC amounts of money put into them - they 'deserve' a fair price - I'd wish for one if it were my car. However, the higher you price above the 'excellent cond.' bracket, the longer you will wait for a buyer (if he ever arrives). The longer you wait, the less likely it is that you find a buyer at your original asking price.

Modifications are worth exponentially more to the owner of a car - it's a crying shame, but it's reality.

Last time I was in Australia I picked up a copy of unique cars and it was worth the money just for the laugh - the same cars from a year before, asking the same $$$... (and these are all sorts of modified cars, not just skylines)

i think there's been a few valid points being made..........

think the laws of economics. something is only worth what someone WILL pay for it. not what they HAVE paid for it. so if everyone in the world only wanted to fork out 10k for a gtr than that's what theyd be worth........i agree, it's not fair.

i think a lot of dealers know more about cars than selling, i've seen some skylines on the sunshine coast with stupidly high prices on them. adverage r33 gts-t's 26k etc. they think, Oh skyline! people will pay heaps for it! just dosent happen.......i've seen skylines sit in yards for months on end, with no price reduction. but they devalue with every passing day. that's bad business.........

i personally think ph1 car's a great price for what it is....but i think it's still a young skyline (under 60k on the clock) there are a lot of people asking that money for cars with twice the milage on them...........there's a bit of a dreamers market. i reckon if you hold out and take your time on your purchase you'll chance on someone wanting a really quick sale that you can take advantage of it. if someone wants to sell a car they'll eventually adjust to what someone's willing to pay................

just my thoughts anyway......

DaiOni - The Paladin

That was the point I was trying to make, I have bought the last 3 unique cars, and in the past 4 months nearly all of the GTR's (modified or not) are still for sale. Some of the prices are ridiculous - i mean 49999 for a stock GTR, I mean what are these people on.

There are plently for sale out there, some priced accordingly and some dreaming - but I have the cash and im in no rush - so its to my advantage.

Daniel

DaiOni - The Paladin

That was the point I was trying to make, I have bought the last 3 unique cars, and in the past 4 months nearly all of the GTR's (modified or not) are still for sale.  Some of the prices are ridiculous - i mean 49999 for a stock GTR, I mean what are these people on.

There are plently for sale out there, some priced accordingly and some dreaming - but I have the cash and im in no rush - so its to my advantage.

Daniel

Here, buy this one:

HEAVILY MODIFIED GTR

In my opinion, 40 plus SHOULD be the price for a standard R33 GTR. Only reason everyone is thinking less now is the mere rubbish/damaged/thrashed GTR's that has been imported by back yard operators trying to make money.

It has brought down the price substantially. I think that they have truely damaged the market. Especially for GTR owners who paid the "proper" retail price before this crap started happening. I know for sure the under $50,000 you asked me to consider for my vehicle will not happen. I wont budge on my price. And Im sure other owners like PH1 wont either because like me, I rather keep the car than sell it for less. So if you really want to buy a heavily modified GTR for the 40 mark im sure there is, just pls dont expect the detail and perfectness that you expect.

And by the way, if you are prepared to spend over 50g's, then you shouldnt have even though about asking me to pay for my own car to be inspected just for your interest. :headspin:

N/A - Please find MY PM to you below - cut and pasted with NOT a word changed.

Where do I ask YOU to pay for ANYTHING.

I would have done this through PM - but you choose to misquote me on a ublic stage and I would just like to show the the TRUTH.

Re: GTR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks again for your reply Ken.

Would it be possible to view the receipts of the rebuilt motor at some stage? So the engine (and turbos) should be able to handle 1.5 + bar of boost with a proper tune and install of the power fc?

So the HKS turbos have done about 10000km?

The paint on the exterior of the car - is their any pin dents or scratches? ANd you said the paint needed a polish - after that it should be in excellent condition..yeah?

Are you having the rims repaired or leaving as is?

What condition are the tyres in?

Would you agree to me paying a third party to perform a compression test and a leak down test on the motor prior to me making a decision?

I will be leaving for a week tomorow for work commitments, I will be unable to email or contact you but will get in touch with you when i get back.

What is a ballpark figure you are realisticly looking at for the car..

Thanks again.

Romper Stomper REX