SAU Community

I have spent probably 8-10 hours on the phone with Optus over the last 4 days (including xmas) because the error message said the problem was at my end. I was about to buy a new modem tomorrow when everything opens again, lucky the problem sorted itself out!

• Nope 5

I have spent probably 8-10 hours on the phone with Optus over the last 4 days (including xmas) because the error message said the problem was at my end. I was about to buy a new modem tomorrow when everything opens again, lucky the problem sorted itself out!

lol ring optus because SAU is down surely all your other web pages worked

if theres a site down and you wanna know if its a problem on your end, use this site http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ and it will tell you.

also yay that SAU is back

<br />lol ring optus because SAU is down surely all your other web pages worked<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Perhaps you were not getting the same message I was getting, something along the lines of "The problem is with your server not the board. Please contact your service provider". I clearly am not the tech savvy genius that you are, and for that I am infinitely sorry but I don't see how can you lambaste me for seeing that message and arriving at the conclusion that I might need to call my ISP.

• Nope 1

When did I ever say that no other website worked. I know nothing about the interwebs, but if I see a message saying the fault is at my end and to call my ISP then that is probably what I am going to do. But theorise with me, is it totally impossible for websites to use different technologies, so that if something is wrong with my service it effects only certain sites, whilst leaving others fully accessible. ie a board such as SAU may use something different than a regular website where one only visits and views as opposed to views and contributes. Maybe you can use your degree in IT and Computer Science to set me straight. You called me out buddy, tried to get a laugh at my expense, maybe get someone to agree with you, maybe a "good call bro" or something, trying to gain affection and/or approval from your peers, maybe you need to feel as though you fit in. I don't know, maybe next time you feel you need to step in and belittle someone you will think first. :)

• Nope 6

When did I ever say that no other website worked. I know nothing about the interwebs, but if I see a message saying the fault is at my end and to call my ISP then that is probably what I am going to do. But theorise with me, is it totally impossible for websites to use different technologies, so that if something is wrong with my service it effects only certain sites, whilst leaving others fully accessible. ie a board such as SAU may use something different than a regular website where one only visits and views as opposed to views and contributes. Maybe you can use your degree in IT and Computer Science to set me straight. You called me out buddy, tried to get a laugh at my expense, maybe get someone to agree with you, maybe a "good call bro" or something, trying to gain affection and/or approval from your peers, maybe you need to feel as though you fit in. I don't know, maybe next time you feel you need to step in and belittle someone you will think first. :)

Its call the internet and the world wide web.