SAU Community

Some of you may have noticed the upgraded look of SAU.

If you have any feedback, bugs, comments etc. Please post them here in a central location so that we can keep track of it all.

The main things to note are;

* Invision Power Board has been upgraded to 3.1.4

* Invision Gallery has been upgraded to 3.2.2

* New caching engine has been installed for better performance

* Massive database cleanup and optimisation

* Whole new codebase - The entire directory was deleted and the new version installed fresh (This was because we had built on the same directory and contents for almost 9 years and it was filled with bits and pieces from many old installs.)

* An iPhone/iPad app!!! Invision has an iPhone app for use with any version 3 install - Get it here.

Things to note;

* Some things might be broken. This is inevitable, it was a giant upgrade. We deleted *all* existing files and started again with a new install of Invision. If there is something that was there before and isn't now, or its still there but broken, let us know. This change was meant to increase functionality, not reduce it.

* Trader Ratings - We will be adding the 'top ten' lists and 'latest feedback' to the index of this app as well as a better search for users.

* Private Messages - These are disabled while a conversion script runs to convert them to the new 'conversations' system utilised by Invision 3.

* More themes/skins will be coming shortly.

* Only one (or none) member group icons displaying. These will be fixed soon.

• Like 1

Some of you may have noticed the upgraded look of SAU.

If you have any feedback, bugs, comments etc. Please post them here in a central location so that we can keep track of it all.

There are a couple of themes I have purchased for the forums. We'll get them installed and then run a poll to get some ideas/preferences so we can keep everybody happy. ;)

• Like 1

is there going to be a skin like the old dark skin? because i prefer the look of it to the light skin.

also i'm not sure whether it's just when i view my posts, but if i quote someone it comes up with all sorts of encoding in the quoted post. i'll get a pic to show you incase it's just the way it shows the post to me. this was after hitting the reply button

post can be found here

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/346349-rebuild-or-buy-another-skyline/page__view__findpost__p__5578896

looks like this to me

sau30.jpg

also, liking the new mobile version (just tried it on the phone to see how it is). only thing is that i can't post pics or anything like that from it without typing the code. there is no button for it. i have to use the full site version for that which i always have problems with because the width of the text boxes are wider than my screen and it doesn't follow the text very well so i will be typing off screen for some of the line.

also i don't think i can multi quote from the mobile site either (took me a bit to figure out how to reply to a post at all). neither of the above are much of an issue since i don't use my phone to post much anyway, but i just thought i'd post up about it anyway, since that is what this thread is for.

great work guys. its good to keep up to date with software etc etc.

there is a but with the counters, went into the stagea forums and was redirected to the stagea for sale, didnt register that i had gone in there.

but yes site looks great, but there will always be bugs to iron out, the joys of working in it

It probably goes without saying, but good job on the upgrade, Im sure youve already noticed but existing posts that contained quotes seem to be a bit munted.

• Like 1

^ that is because you have not read the announcements ;)

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/forum-14/announcement-23-sau-version-3-update-read-me/

Private Messages - These are disabled while a conversion script runs to convert them to the new 'conversations' system utilised by Invision 3.

Can you please ensure you do so, before posting in this thread.

• Like 1

^ that is because you have not read the announcements ;)

http://www.skylinesa...update-read-me/

Private Messages - These are disabled while a conversion script runs to convert them to the new 'conversations' system utilised by Invision 3.

Can you please ensure you do so, before posting in this thread.

Oops, sorry I did read that thread, just somehow skimmed over that line...

Thanks SAU Admin team looking good

i think the only thing for me is

1) Email notifications rather than saying first New Reply and then the title topic now has username ill take a screeny

emailnotifications.jpg

• Like 1

yeah I have exactly the same issue with the title of the email notifications - unfortunately it makes it impossible to manage the duplicate emails now. The old format was OK!

Otherwise the upgrade looks great, and has been way smoother than other times over the years. Great work Christian!

• Like 1

is there going to be a skin like the old dark skin? because i prefer the look of it to the light skin.

Yep, as stated in the announcement, there are more skins to be added yet.

there is a but with the counters, went into the stagea forums and was redirected to the stagea for sale, didnt register that i had gone in there.

Not totally following you, can you eplain again?

It probably goes without saying, but good job on the upgrade, Im sure youve already noticed but existing posts that contained quotes seem to be a bit munted.

Yep, just noticed today, will try to sort that now.

1) Email notifications rather than saying first New Reply and then the title topic now has username ill take a screeny

Ahh cool, will sort that out.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Keep it coming.

Hey all,

I need my PM's because I'm trying get an important part posted and need to communicate via PM Messages. Any idea when this will be available again?

Cheers.

I dont anticipate the script will finish within 24hrs. I suspect they'll be available again on Tuesday.