SAU Community

How much to replace an R33 GTS-T clutch?

P1E

Does $850.00 plus labour sound alright for an Exety heavy duty clutch? I have just had one put in my car and this is what I was charged. I didn't question the price, but a few people have told me it's rich, so I'm asking...

Does $850.00 plus labour sound alright for an Exety heavy duty clutch? I have just had one put in my car and this is what I was charged. I didn't question the price, but a few people have told me it's rich, so I'm asking...

Ummm that is ****IN expensive, the clutch RETAILS for about $700, but trade price is around $360-400 depending...labour should only be around $350...

It depends on which one.

If you got just the clutch plate and a recond pressure plate then that is a bit steep.

If you got the complete kit ( pressure plate, clutch plate and thrust bearing) and it was the 9 puck cushioned button then that is a bout right.

Don't get it confused with just the heavy duty organic or 6 puck non cushioned one. Both those are cheaper.

Don't believe everything you here and make sure people are comparing apples with apples.

Cheers

ken

Guest RedLineGTR

a modest price for a decent workshop in melb/vic is about $800-$750 fitted with labour :D r33's in general most people have worked on so they shouldnt be charging you so much. Shop around abit ;)