SAU Community

R32, could use some advice

Hey pplz

My mate is looking into importing a gts-t or maybe a gts4-turbo (comments on which is prefered??) from Prestige motorsport. He wants a 1989 so it can be midly modified and fairly cheap, does anyone have any expierance in doing this and is it a good idea?

Im guessin we'd have to look closley at the cars inside and out being a 15yr old car, but alot seem in good condition and faults are mentioned. He could go and buy a Silvia from around here, but im pushin him into an r32 as i think they are abit better than the standard s13 Silvia (not 180sx). I guess he just wants to know that if he puts 10k into a car, its going to get here ok and he'll be happy its in good condition and runs well.

Any help would be real appreciated!!

Thanks.. :)

Jaz

First off, 1989 GTS-4's are getting difficult to find. There are quite a few threads about the R32 GTS-t and the GTS-4, so do a search and come to a decision. From what I came to understand, the GTS-t is more agile in the dry and gets the GTS-4 on the quarter, with the GTS-4 being better in the wet and at launching.

I would be wary of these 15 year old imports. they are cheap and some of them have the best bolt on bits on'em, but the problem is the age of the vehicle. Now I am almost a perfectionest, I bought a 93 model almost stock and have spent a mountain of money on mods and just general or cosmetic stuff to bring it into new car standards, hope your mate isn't picky otherwise it might just be worth buying one already in aus.

cheers mark

I've been for a spin in a GTS4 and it ran really well, UAS had one but it was in crap condition for the price they were asking.