SAU Community

Help Kym find that problem!

ix9

Some of you may have seen my post here: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=34704

But i'll just repost it here to be sure... if anyone can shed some light on what's happening that'd be great!

Okay,

Just jumped in my car to go out this morning and while waiting for the fuel pump to prime (those 3-4 seconds between ACC and ON positions) All my gauges died!

No Boost meters/No Tacho/Speedo ?

WTF?

I have replaced the "Meters" Fuse only to have it blow repeatedly?!

And to add something else to the mix... the RSM now doesn't pick up speed either! (Not sure if they're related as I thought the ECU Recieved speed from the gearbox sensors?)

And now another thing: My Electric windows don't work! (Yes, Ive checked ALL fuses w/multimeter etc, AND the fusible link thinggy's under the bonnet marked P/WDW)

All OK. Still no luck ?

Please Help anyone? I can't even go to buy more fuses as I have no speedo!

FIXED!

It was a faulty stock boost sensor/connection!

The reason the car wouldn't boost above 5psi is that it couldn't get a reading from the sensor to know how much boost to use!

Believe it or not: When you pull the "Meters" fuse, your windows stop working too! (WTF?)

Can't confirm the RSM Speed reading yet.. but I think it'll be fixed... gonna take it for a drive..

P.S. Funny thing is, i hadn't done any wiring in the car for MONTHS.... hence I was so suprised!

i thought it might have been your kym dodgy backyard wiring special on the new dash/dial group buy we did....

thats good news though dude, now no more searching for ne electric motor for door!!

hahah, me too!

I've got new and improved dodgy wiring techniques for EL gauges now tho!

I just couldn't believe things like windows up/down were affected by a fuse that a boost sensor broke!! WTF!