• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest INASNT
Yes.

Why do you say, "But thats with NOS isnt it?"

Adrian

coz it defeates the purpose of this thread title about the fastest time with stock turbo i recon.

Anyway good effort, u must be running atleast a 100hp shot of nos

Nice times. Did you do any runs without NOS?

Not last night mate. I'm waiting for the time when i run out half track and spew fuel out the back :) Best run without gas was 13.471 @ 104.56 (2.2 60').

2rismo, what kind of nos setup are you running

It's a butchered kit that i threw together. Mostly NOS. Wet.

coz it defeates the purpose of this thread title about the fastest time with stock turbo i recon.

If you read the first post it will all become clear.... Jeez, some people.... You just miss the point completely...!!!!!

Anyway good effort, u must be running atleast a 100hp shot of nos

Wrong.

Adrian

IMHO I think the reason you're getting a bit of flack is due to the thread title itself, it contains no reference to nitrous assistance. Whack a 'nitrous assisted' in the thread title to make it clear perhaps?

Some people may read the thread title and skim through the posts and think your full of shite as your comparing stock turbo + nitrous vs. stock turbo no nitrous. It's a bit of an "apples vs. oranges" situation.

The question was:

What is the quickest ET / MPH that an R32/R33/R34 GTS-T/GTT has run with the std turbo intact and untouched?
IMHO I think the reason you're getting a bit of flack is due to the thread title itself, it contains no reference to nitrous assistance. Whack a 'nitrous assisted' in the thread title to make it clear perhaps?

It doesn't need to, the question was 'stock turbo'. Adrian is using a stock turbo so where is the problem?

I'm personally not a huge fan of Nitrous simply because I want my car to be able to do the same on the street as it does on the track but hell a full 1 second gain just from adding 50hp of NOS is something i'd highly enjoy doing even if it is just for that 12.5sec every Wed nite.

Everybody:

If you read the first paragraph of the first post it will ALL BECOME CLEAR!!!

It is in English, isn't it? Look. I have been researching the whole nitrous oxide use thing for years now. Along the way, I have come across NUMEROUS suggestions that it is 'better' or 'more worthwhile' or 'not cheating, you cheating bastard' to upgrade the turbo on my/any car. What I'm trying to show is that this is that nitrous oxide use IS a valid, effective AND relatively cheap method of making more power and going quicker.

I am not big-noting myself by comparing my 12.5 run or any other runs for that matter with anyone elses. I mean, some people have gone high 12's with no gas!!!

The point is this, I have spent significantly less than what I would have in upgrading the turbo to get similar results. End of story. I hope it is a bit clearer now.

Adrian

Dear oh dear, you guys are taking this faaar too seriously :) Chill out fellas.

I couldn't agree more, nitrous is a great low cost way to make solid hp gains. It's not exactly anything that wasn't already well known. Some people think it's cheating, once again nothing new there either!

I personally think nitrous is a great little addition. However, the cost/hassle of going for a bigger turbo (plus the other upgrades this requires) is worth it for the permanent hp gains achieved. Gains that can be used 24/7.

Edit: From memory Adrian posted $100 for a 10lb bottle refill. Which lasts 200secs at 50hp. That's a lot of 12sec passes!