SAU Community

Recondtioning Brakes For M35 Series 2 Stagea

samuri

I drove my 2002 stagea m35 ARX series 2 for the first time yesterday and was advised by the person compiling the car to have the rear brakes reconditioned. ( The car had been idle for over 3 months on a wharf)

The brakes had frozen and were quite rusted on the outside.The mechanic worked on them but

When I drive it feels like the brakes are slightly on or I have the handbrake on.

Which reputable company do I take it to in Brisbane and what does reconditioning actually mean?

Better yet who should I not take it to.

What brakes/calipers etc are compatible as I doubt the brake technicians will know what is or is not available for this model.

They may just add Volvo gear!

eg Can the Nissan 350 Z brake setup be used?

Of the 4 different series 2 stagea models are the brakes the same in all models?

anyway there is a brake option thread here:

http://www.m35stagea....php?f=22&t=108

Have read that and numerous other posts on SAU and M35stagea sites. Seems that often the year / model details are not complete and sometimes it is not clear if it is the rotors or pads or both that are compatible. I am trying to work out if

- 03-05 Nissan 350Z Non-Track edition (without Brembo calipers)

- 03-04 Infiniti G35 Non-Track edition (without Brembo calipers)

- 05 Infiniti G35 AWD model

F & R rotor and pads would fit.

Some posts mention the 350Z but don't give any other details.

Will keep searching.

Xtrail stuff should work too. Best upgrade options would be V36 Akebono brakes followed by 350z brembos.

My rear brakes were sticking, the sliding pin had bent causing uneven pad wear. I bent the pin back, greased it, replaced the pads and they have been fine since.

Xtrail stuff should work too. Best upgrade options would be V36 Akebono brakes followed by 350z brembos.

Have read Xtrail rear only is a match?

Have found some drilled and slotted rotors oem size, cheap with good customer feedback and thought this would be an easy upgrade for road use. Mainly wanted to get rid of the front rotor shudder.

Hello,

Can anyone please "Fast" the part numbers for the Front & Rear rotors for M35 and also the part number for front & rear brake pads.

Want to sort this out for good on what is and isn't compatible.

Many thanks

Julius