SAU Community

How Do You Remove Spark Plug Cover From Rb26

Robert Knight

Hi All,I've looked everywhere on the forum before posting this but I need to know how to properly remove the spark plug cover on my 33 GTR it's not as easy as it looks mainly the back allen screws and the coil pack on the back of the cover any help especially on how to disconnect the coilpack or whether you even have to much appreciated.GREYPEARL.

Hi All,I've looked everywhere on the forum before posting this but I need to know how to properly remove the spark plug cover on my 33 GTR it's not as easy as it looks mainly the back allen screws and the coil pack on the back of the cover any help especially on how to disconnect the coilpack or whether you even have to much appreciated.GREYPEARL.

just take off the alen key bolts, then use a 10mm socket to undo the ignitor on the cover. lift the cover up, bring it forwards and slide the ignitor back. take off the front connector. then take off the rear connector. done.

just take off the alen key bolts, then use a 10mm socket to undo the ignitor on the cover. lift the cover up, bring it forwards and slide the ignitor back. take off the front connector. then take off the rear connector. done.

Thanks JETT,I managed to work it out eventually I was just scared to break the ignitor plug wiring as it's quite tight to turn over to work out how it disconnects but got it and only disconnected the front plug and folded it out of the way,never done this job before obviously so it was a bit daunting,and I've learn't when in doubt hit the forum it never fails to help.Cheers Mate GREYPEARL.

• 3 months later...

Thread bump (sorry).

How do you disconnect the ignitor plug? I tired to pull on it and its firmly in place and can't see underneath to see where it locks.

Gotta get this sucker off asap!

are you serious? if you cant do this you shouldn't be working on the car.

its that simple!

Sorry to offend you.

I installed a supercharger on my NSX without issues but I am not familiar with this particular connector. I felt underneath and couldn't feel any locking clip. If its that simple I'll give it another go. Thanks for the help.

not easy to take rear plug off igniter you need to persist there is a clip under plug press it should make a click then push plug slowly off igniter took me a while and alot of annoyance