SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Black mesh would look better (as would 30mm spacers on your wheels :P)

Missing the need for HKS stuff :(

Oh, you NEED HKS stuff. Ask Alex. He has what you need. You just might have to remove it from his car first! :P

Wouldn't mind trying the spacers but not sure if I could get away with them on the front. Might see if I can borrow a set locally.

I'm liking the 'whale shark' look on Moby. Maybe black mesh would look better, or whiter?

How'd you go with the wideband - get it in & working yet Ryan?

Yeah it's kind of silver Leon. Funny, they ask you to quote your paint code so they paint it for you, which is great, but they don't mention the mesh, just supply silver. Weird. I might see if I can track down some black to try.

I got the wideband in and working - kind of. Thanks for your help Leon.

In frustration I ran the wire back from the fuel pump, got it all working, but I just haven't been able to get the car up so I can put the sensor in. The bung is welded in now, I just need to jack it up and connect the sensor, which I'd prefer to do when there's light out and/or I can get access to the hoist or pit.

Scissor jacks suck. With any luck I've just found a proper jack for home, which would be much more convenient. Annoying when tools let you down and a 5 minute job becomes an hour...

Scissor jacks suck. With any luck I've just found a proper jack for home, which would be much more convenient. Annoying when tools let you down and a 5 minute job becomes an hour...

That ^ is the story of my life, but often exceeds an hour (day?), lol.

For any work at the front of the car I use ramps, but I need long planks (old stair treads actually) to lay on top so the gradient is less steep & the front clears.

That ^ is the story of my life, but often exceeds an hour (day?), lol.

For any work at the front of the car I use ramps, but I need long planks (old stair treads actually) to lay on top so the gradient is less steep & the front clears.

My car is high enough now for me to probably do an oil change with it on the ground :P I was under it the other day taking out the guard liners so I could swap the head lights around - so much room! I used to use a trolly jack and jack stands though. Fairly quick and painless operation, I used to struggle with ramps because the front was too low.

My car is high enough now for me to probably do an oil change with it on the ground :P I was under it the other day taking out the guard liners so I could swap the head lights around - so much room! I used to use a trolly jack and jack stands though. Fairly quick and painless operation, I used to struggle with ramps because the front was too low.

Huh? I remember your car being on ARX springs... Looked like it was on stilts!

Huh? I remember your car being on ARX springs... Looked like it was on stilts!

Kenstyle kit made the front end sit lower than stock front with stune springs

Not quite overnight parts from Japan, but my new toys arrived today thanks to Mr Streeter:

post-34363-0-71619300-1346396656_thumb.jpg

Grill went on straight away, unusual for me I know:

post-34363-0-92262000-1346396883_thumb.jpg post-34363-0-81516800-1346396912_thumb.jpg post-34363-0-51231400-1346396938_thumb.jpg

Was pleasantly surprised when it arrived that it was ready to go straight on. I'd read a post by Aaron in a previous thread that they used to come without the mounting holes. Unless that was a different, similar looking one.

I like the look of the grill, but I'm not totally happy with the mesh. Thinking it might look better with black mesh.

Looked at the instructions for the EVC, but it'll probably be a couple of weeks before that goes in, I've got a fair bit on over the next couple of weekends.

Nah it's the same one. But did come with mounting holes that were in the wrong spot. I guess they got one too many complaints and stopped pre drilling lol! Looks great! I think it's one of the nicer grills out there for the pokemon

Cheers Aaron.

Got black mesh in it now. No photos, too dark now. But it does look much better.

Wideband in and calibrated. Hard to get an idea of exactly where it sits but seems to be 14.8-15 on light cruise, and anywhere up to about 9 at full throttle.

Now I can fit the FPR with a bit more peace of mind, knowing I can verify with the wideband.

Booked in to make up the 3" intake in a couple of weeks. Should be a good thing!

Wideband in and calibrated. Hard to get an idea of exactly where it sits but seems to be 14.8-15 on light cruise, and anywhere up to about 9 at full throttle.

Now I can fit the FPR with a bit more peace of mind, knowing I can verify with the wideband.

Booked in to make up the 3" intake in a couple of weeks. Should be a good thing!

AFRs sound about right. 3" intake will be a good thing, but brace youself for the AFM cut when you go WOT :P.

• 2 weeks later...

Dyno run1: car wasn't boosting. turned out cat was blocked: causing almost 9psi of backpressure

Dyno run 2: a week or so later, with "modified" cat and new actuators, was making decent numbers, but massive exhaust leak from rear turbo

Dyno run today: new gaskets, everything tight and perfect: popped one of my turbos.

Looking at replacements/alternatives now: has running R33 N1s, but considering HKS GTSS, as I have a pair available from a trusted source, and they're all but brand new and well priced...

Dyno run1: car wasn't boosting. turned out cat was blocked: causing almost 9psi of backpressure

Dyno run 2: a week or so later, with "modified" cat and new actuators, was making decent numbers, but massive exhaust leak from rear turbo

Dyno run today: new gaskets, everything tight and perfect: popped one of my turbos.

Looking at replacements/alternatives now: has running R33 N1s, but considering HKS GTSS, as I have a pair available from a trusted source, and they're all but brand new and well priced...

Oh no i feel your pain thats what i had got them of ebay for $1000 and one let go,i have nielly got enough money for my singel turbo conversion :yes: at lest if you blow one of them i have a spair i can sell you :yucky:

im going to have a set of tomei dump pipes for sale soon if your interested

Just had the exhaust done from tip to tail by Andrew at AM Performance; and absolutely fantastic job and quick turn around.

To go into a little more detail;

Purchased a 2nd hand Freeway Dolphin cat-back exhaust via Jesse Streeter and already had a Scotty Dump Pipe waiting to go on. Talked to Andrew about getting a midpipe sorted and perhaps installing the whole lot for us while he was at it.

Dropped the car off on Saturday arvo/night (around 5:30pm) and picked it up almost exactly 24hrs later, though he did have it ready to go at 11am. Frickin awesome stuff! An absolute pleasure to deal with and will definitely go back to him with any new work, even though he around an hour away from home, he's just that good.

I'll try to get a pic or two up of the finished product but I have to say that it sounds mean as. Seems to have better response too...

All in all very happy with the end result :woot:

Just had the exhaust done from tip to tail by Andrew at AM Performance; and absolutely fantastic job and quick turn around.

To go into a little more detail;

Purchased a 2nd hand Freeway Dolphin cat-back exhaust via Jesse Streeter and already had a Scotty Dump Pipe waiting to go on. Talked to Andrew about getting a midpipe sorted and perhaps installing the whole lot for us while he was at it.

Dropped the car off on Saturday arvo/night (around 5:30pm) and picked it up almost exactly 24hrs later, though he did have it ready to go at 11am. Frickin awesome stuff! An absolute pleasure to deal with and will definitely go back to him with any new work, even though he around an hour away from home, he's just that good.

I'll try to get a pic or two up of the finished product but I have to say that it sounds mean as. Seems to have better response too...

All in all very happy with the end result :woot:

So you're the M35 he ditched me to work on? :P

Glad you're happy with it! He does cracking work, great bloke to deal with.

So you're the M35 he ditched me to work on? :P

Glad you're happy with it! He does cracking work, great bloke to deal with.

Haha, seems that way. Is it recommended to get on a Dyno after getting the exhaust sorted? Andrew mentioned doing so but I was under the impression that a Dyno wouldnt be of any real use apart from getting some numbers as the ECU cant be modified or tuned to take the exhaust into account and it has the ability to learn...

Is that right or am I way off?

The piggy back systems arent on the cards at this point; the car's only meant to be a Daily for the missus but I might be able to play around with it every now and again and throw some goodies on. See what happens I guess

Is it recommended to get on a Dyno after getting the exhaust sorted? Andrew mentioned doing so but I was under the impression that a Dyno wouldnt be of any real use apart from getting some numbers as the ECU cant be modified or tuned to take the exhaust into account and it has the ability to learn...

Is that right or am I way off?

Correct, no use going to a DYNO unless you have a method of tuning.

However, reset your ECU so you can more easily feel the difference made by the exhaust, rather than waiting for it to adjust slowly as it learns.

Edited by Commsman