SAU Community

Bathurst 12 Hour 2011

Whiplash

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the streaming is bloody crap, keeps dropping out, ads every 30 secs....but better than what 1HD will come up with I guess lol

edit - hmmm still signed into the missus' account lol

Zebra

stream seems very temperamental this year,

race is starting to take its toll on the cars,

unfortunately the 2nd Wall Racing car, the east holidays EVO had a small fire issue atop the mountain

just got word from the JB car its no longer an 8 cylinder Ferrari, trying to fix it to finish the race.

GTR has has both mechanical issues and contact with a leading car (not the GTR's fault)

STI has fuel problems

unfortunately the Mosler was out before i was even up this morning, with a big off on conrod, which even left the windscreen stuck on top of a telegraph pole

Edited by Whiplash

close finish alright. Pete Conroy's Emo X (first production car home) was only 40 laps down on the winner, 22 seconds a lap slower

still surprsingly few retirements. GTR was 2nd retirement.

whiplash were you helping with the mosler? what happened?

I was up there for the first hour and just as I was walking past the citigate when the mosler went off. A tyre let go coming down conrod.

I really wish there was just production cars inthis race. I might have stayed longer.

So what exactly went wrong with the R35?

On that topic it has to be said by someone, why is the DK R35 so slow? is it because of production spec constraints?

Also any more detail on the Mosler incident, tyres?

Edited by LSX-438

On that topic it has to be said by someone, why is the DK R35 so slow? is it because of production spec constraints?

Also any more detail on the Mosler incident, tyres?

I dont think its slow, i think its more that its up against much better/faster purpose built GT3 cars.

Anyone have lap times for it? doesnt matter what circuit, just intersted to know how it stacks up against either your car Dunc or other R35's

I was up there for the first hour and just as I was walking past the citigate when the mosler went off. A tyre let go coming down conrod.

I really wish there was just production cars inthis race. I might have stayed longer.

I'm more keen to check it out as it's not production car racing. The Eastern Creek 8 hour was a major snooze.

I dont think its slow, i think its more that its up against much better/faster purpose built GT3 cars.

Anyone have lap times for it? doesnt matter what circuit, just intersted to know how it stacks up against either your car Dunc or other R35's

I'd consider it surprisingly slow, seconds a lap slower than a few road going R35's (in an outright/qualifer sense anyway).

is it just because it's stuck with production specs? they run slicks right?

There was some smoke coming out of the GTR from the begining, which didn't really look right.

I'm more keen to check it out as it's not production car racing. The Eastern Creek 8 hour was a major snooze.

I can understand that but form the pics and highlights I saw the 2010 Bathurst 12 hour looked a lot more interesting with 41 entrants as opposed to the 26 this year (of which 11 were production). Obviously the GT cars discouraged many production entries.

The GT cars were lapping the production cars within a few laps making them look like some second rate side show. Especially when the race was re-intorduced for production car racing.

Angus told me it was quite disconcerting running in the STi with one second having no one behind, the next with a Mosler lights ablaze up your arse but so low you can only see the top of the roof! lol

There was some smoke coming out of the GTR from the begining, which didn't really look right.

I can understand that but form the pics and highlights I saw the 2010 Bathurst 12 hour looked a lot more interesting with 41 entrants as opposed to the 26 this year (of which 11 were production). Obviously the GT cars discouraged many production entries.

The GT cars were lapping the production cars within a few laps making them look like some second rate side show. Especially when the race was re-intorduced for production car racing.

That's a fair point for sure. I think anything with a large enough field is exciting to watch - the EC 8 hours was boring as there were only 13 cars in it, and 8 which finished the race. Those sorts of numbers are never going to make for great spectating, especially when there is such a speed differential.