SAU Community

Bathurst 12 Hour 2011

28 cars entered. (sorry looks a bit messy)

CLASS A – GT3 Outright

2 Procon Developments Dean Grant / Max Twigg / Geoff Emery Mosler MT 900

7 Audi Race Experience Team Joest Mark Eddy / Craig Lowndes / Warren Luff Audi R8 LMS

8 Audi Race Experience Team Joest Darryl O’Young / Marc Basseng / Christopher Heis Audi R8 LMS

12 Hallmarc Marc Cini / David Reynolds / Dean Fiore Porsche GT3 Cup S

17 Maranello / Il Bello Rosso Peter Edwards / John Bowe / Tim Leahey Ferrari 430 GT3

29 VIP Petfoods Tony Quinn / Klark Quinn / Craig Baird Porsche GT3 R

37 Red Alert Laser Tag Hector Lester / Luke Searle / Allan Simonsen Ferrari 430 GT3

38 Wilson Security / Shannons David Wall / TBA / Des Wall Porsche GT3 Cup S

69 Superbarn Supermarkets James Koundouris / Theo Koundouris / Steve Owen Porsche GT3 Cup S

Class B – GT3

6 Boylan Group Peter Boylan / Geoff Morgan / Rick Bates Porsche 997 GT3 Cup

10 Racing Dynamics Andrew Waller / Cade Bell / Craig Willis Porsche 997 GT3 Cup

23 Falcon Property Group Roger Lago / Matthew Kingsley / David Russell Porsche 997 GT3 Cup

39 Bakrhouse Quarter / McGrath Paul Tressider / Shane Smollen / Simon Middleton Porsche 997 GT3 Cup

66 Motorsport Services Ltd Scott O’Donell / Simon McLeannan / TBA Porsche 996 GT3 Cup

67 Motorsport Services Ltd Allan Dippie / Stephen Thompson / Mark Maddren Porsche 996 GT3 Cup

Class C – GT4

25 Michelin Paul Freestone / Hayden Pullen / David Seiders Chevrolet Corvette Z06

44 Donut King Racing Tony Alford / Peter Leehmuis / Mal Rose Nissan GTR

62 Simply Sports Cars Adam Gowans / Richard Meins / Chris Lillington-Price Lotus Exige S

63 Eagle Rob Thompson / Jon Mills / TBA Lotus Exige S

80 Bruce Lynton BMW Beric Lynton / Matthew Mackelden / John Modystach BMW M3

Class D – Production High Performance

3 Maximum Motorsport Dean Herridge / John O’Dowd / Angus Kennard Subaru WRX STi

28 GWS Personel Peter O’Donnell / Matt Hansen / Christian D’Agostin BMW 335i Turbo

43 Easts Holiday Parks Leigh Burgess / Damien Flack / Neil McFadyen Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX

Class E – Production – Performance 16 Bezcorp Security ` Paul Nelson / Bob Holden / TBA Ford Falcon XR8

26 GWS Personel Bruce Thomlinson / Geoff Fontaine / Richard Gartner BMW 130i

27 The Shire Conveyancer Allan Shephard / Garth Duffy /TBA BMW 130i

50 Racer Industries Ryan McLeod / TBA / TBA Holden Astra VXR

68 Motorsport Services Ltd. David Glasson / Dennis Roderick / Aaron Harris BMW 130i 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CHUBBS! Enter the MX5 in Production, WE CAN WIN IT!

Or Uncy Dunc... I'll co drive with you! COME ON! The GTR WOULD PWN the Production Class! (With you behind th ewheel anyway)

If you both say No, then I'm going back to drinking... If you say yes... Well I'll go drink some more to celebrate... :D

It's a CAMS event so they won't allow a more simple and foolproof method of simply installing a hole in the bottom of the seat aligned with a hole in the car's floor. Already checked.

that would be ideal. It also leaves a bit of 'black ice' for that mosler behind to deal with. failing that the only option is a set of pull ups cause you're a big kid now. but who wants to hop in after you hop out? it would become one big 12hr stink.... I mean stint.

anyway jokes aside I imagine Mark Eddy/Craig Lowndes/Warren Luff Audi R8 LMS will be pretty hard to beat if their car is any good.

I'd like to do it one day but it's not exactly easy to get seat time at bathurst and I wouldn't want to be jumping in to a race weekend completely green. bathurst is the kind of place you need some laps and half a clue to be anywhere near the pace. it's deadset easier and cheaper for me to go and get practice laps at the nurburgring or spa that to get full on race laps at our own 'mini ring'. which is pretty sad really. the sooner the make it a full time race track the better for us all. especially for us poor fools living in NSW who have just lost oran park.

Richard, there is always the regularity events there, but one just closed their entries yesterday - was $990

I didnt enter due to the cost

Matt - LOL ahh...no! Duncan can enter it for me, and I'll be manager, and have cokes and hookers for all when we win.

Might try and head up on sunday if work/time allows

anyone know the cost for spectators?

haha I'm less likely to enter my car in a 12hr race than I am in targa. A whole chassis worth of destruction in 1 race!

might run in someone else's car one day if i decide to spend my whole racing budget on a single event one year

Entire cost of the event less DAMAGE but inclusive of diff/box/engine rebuilds in the Spec C was around $60k.

Like Dunc says, split between three drivers its basically my year's budget in one foul swoop, and I'd still rather do Targa.

yeah agreed it would be awesome. even in something like the spec C, but as all us paupers realise there is a lot we can do with 1/3 of $60K. for less than $10K I could do an do 2 days driving at Spa and 2 days driving at the ring with brisby and then spend a week somewhere in europe getting pissed and eating good food while talking up each others driving. ok, maybe $15K. but that still leaves me $5K for some fun back home too. :) and spa is so good everytime I think about it I feel super depressed that I'm not back there right now... I'd also like to do san luis, zandvoort, silverstone and all those can be done.

Bathurst? one day!

60k + a car + entry + crew (cheif, 3-4 mechanics, cook) + spare car for parts + 3-6 sets of tyres @$2k + fuel +accomodation/food/transport etc. And no guarantee the car won't be destroyed before you get a drive

there are plenty of cheap ways to race at bathurst without having your eyes glued to your rear view mirror incase a mosler is coming past. IPRA race in Feb for example. Or rent a ute at the taxi event.

I originally thought this event was for the likes of improved production cars (at least thats what it looked like in the past). Now it seems to be all GT Cup cars of which half are Porche's.

Am I right in thinking this event has changed this year?

I was going to go up but after seeing the cars entered for the main event am having second thoughts. Don't get me wrong I saw the GT cars at GP last year and they were awesome but I would really like to see a more improved production type race. I know they have 20 min races on saturday But it was Sunday I am planning to go up.

Well chances are its probably going to be this format going forward, which is a big shame.

They scrapped the old james hardie 12 hour ages ago so when this came along I thought great. Now its changed again.

Edited by gtr fan

• 2 weeks later...

Appears entirely affordable to me.......

yep, definitely in reach of the average joe. having said that I've probably got 64 wheels if I scrape together all the ones currently in service and the rest sitting the in the garage. ok, just counted and I come up short at just 44 wheels in my possession right now. a measly 11 sets. that's off the top of my head, there may be 1 or 2 more around.

spencer it taking the white alfa up for a support race, running in group NC as usual. hope it goes well he's been hanging to get a result up there.