SAU Community

Nissan Fuga And Toyota Crown

maclarenf1

why are Nissan and Toyota Australia not importing these nice car's to Australia

i can answer this, at least for nissan.

i went over to japan with nissan and we spoke to the big mugs at nissan and asked why their larger range of fcars were not being brought to our shores.

they said it was to much drama to worry about.

we asked why are we not able to try them out and push for a better nissan in aus.

they said basically we had trouble before.. they explaned to us that the ENTIRE stock for Aus in one year can be manufactured in ONE DAY. just to illustrate how unimportant our marke was. if we were too hard to deal with they would drop the AUS market and just take a day off :P

Would love to be the first to have a 450GT Fuga, but i wouldn't be able to finance it for atleast another six months, will deffinatly contact you Iron Chef if I am still interested when the time comes around. Also do they do the 450GT in the latest shape or not? because that would be what I am after. And what sort of money do you think??

No they don't - as part of Nissan's official turning ghey process, they dropped the 450GT and released a 370GT Hybrid. They run 2.5 or 3.7 VQ motors, same as the V36.

If you wanted the current shape, I doubt you'd see change out of $50K, that's without looking too closely at values though.

Would it be worth bothering with the Fuga?

Real nice car but Infinity are starting up in a few months in Aus and the "M" series is in the lineup (Infinity labelling of the Fuga line).

I don't think they are releasing the M45 initially though...

See above regarding the M45, although the Fuga gets the VK56 in the US so fingers crossed we get it too. No V8 on the Japanese market means problems for importing them.

Edit: Just checked Infiniti UK - no V8 being sold there either, so they may not have engineered the VK56 for RHD markets, which would explain why they're not on the list to be sold here in the short term.

When I listed the original Fuga on SEVS, it didn't make financial sense at the time, but it makes VERY good sense now. If Infiniti bring out the M here officially, it will also make good sense if they can be imported for half the price Infiniti are charging ;)

Well the M infiniti will cost around the 100k mark

Maybe a little less - think BMW 5 series prices.

Yeah, but if they are locally delivered (yes, different name but same car/same manufacturer) then I don't think they will be eligible?

They will be eligible up until they're sold here locally. Same with the G series - the V36 Skylines will be eligible until the Infiniti G is released, bringing a very long era to an end for Skyline imports.

Older models should still be eligible?

See above.

i can answer this, at least for nissan.

i went over to japan with nissan and we spoke to the big mugs at nissan and asked why their larger range of fcars were not being brought to our shores.

they said it was to much drama to worry about.

we asked why are we not able to try them out and push for a better nissan in aus.

they said basically we had trouble before.. they explaned to us that the ENTIRE stock for Aus in one year can be manufactured in ONE DAY. just to illustrate how unimportant our marke was. if we were too hard to deal with they would drop the AUS market and just take a day off :P

^^^Completely correct. Australia is an irrelevance in most cases for Nissan Japan. Our ADRs are a real pain in the arse, which is the reason why manufacturers have been pushing so hard for us to align our rules to Europe. Making a unique spec for such a small market is a right pain in the arse for manufacturers.

Guess I better get my ass in to gear if I want one then, and i don't mind the old shape either just need to be rid of that grille, what sort of figures for a nice low km's 05-07 model 450GT do you think Chef?