SAU Community

Brake Reduction/shaving

hey guys,

Another weird question about brakes.

A mate of mine has R33 brakes upgraded on his R32, but where the large, bulky round bit is in the centre of the caliper (where the nissan logo sits) his has been ground back to sit flush with the rest of the caliper...

Has anyone else done this before? I hate the clearance i have to deal with when looking at rims, i want maximum dish! especially when my cross factory +60mm wider rear guards get here, i don't want to run much offset, i want huge dish!

Just curious if anyone else here has done it or would recommend alternative options??

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• I've only ever washed the R34 and used quick detailer, I've never polished/waxed it which is shameful to admit. I got a friend over who's recently started his valeting company to come give the car some paint love. He didn't machine polish it so there's still some minor swirls, plus with the roof and bonnet having some paint defects he wanted to be careful (see a previous post about that) Having not covered not many miles since ownership, the cambelt was due to be changed from age. Wayne at Auto Extreme supplied me with a genuine belt kit and waterpump. I took the car to a local garage AP Tuning to have the work carried out. Gary has an incredible reputation when it comes to Evos in particular but is very knowledgable on all things japanese too. The daily has been off the road for a couple of weeks so the R34 has been on daily duties. I forget just how nice it is to drive and was a great change. I just wasn't a fan of the fuel consumption (to be expected) A couple of random photos one evening after work A bonus pic of the daily Mazda 323F V6 on recently fitted R32 GTR wheels
    • Hawk 5.0 pads - still wearing them in but already biting very hard, and a very progressive pad. Cost literally 4x as much as the Remsa pads, being imported from the US but, so far so good.
    • Yeah back online, big job to get that stuff onto a new Wiki but probably needs to be done.
    • I knew you lurked here ...<grin>... the SMF stuff I'm not terribly concerned about (but should be updated), it's primarily the mediawiki software I've wanted updated...for years now, since Session gave me access there and I was looking to clean it up (consistency wrt presentation)...and I couldn't get that to work properly, which I found out by cloning the wiki and setting it up under the latest mediawiki release, was because it's the actual version of the MediaWiki  being used causing all the problems wrt presentation....grrr. Then of course, the image repository which the wiki is tied to, has whacky permissions linking back to the forum SMF software DB, and because I don't have admin/mod privileges there, there's a number of things I can't do within the wiki...like...ie; fix/include images for the wiki....grrrrr....  😃 AFAIK, only wheezy has been maintaining this stuff, (he knows all about the above para), but life gets in the way (kids, vocation)...and like, now he's bought a sea-going vessel, so 'gone fishing' springs to mind B^) You have a knack for understatement ...lol...
    • I'll grab it, can ya post to 4850? let me know how much.