SAU Community

R32 Gtr Air Con ......

danny14

high i put new comp on my 32 gtr well second hand in very good nic

replaced with new o rings

put new reciever dryer on

i vaced it down for 6 mins prob should be longer

then gased it up wuth 600 grams

founs low pressure was reading right at end of dial when the car was running with clutch engaged

can someone please share there thoughts im off to adleaide on wednesday so bad timing

i suspect blocked tx valve in evap box ????

for a really high low presssure there is a blockage somewhere or the tx valve is stuck open all the way. i wish we copuld just put an orifice tube in there instead...

what was the hi pressure reading? and did the pressure drop when you reved it up?

so the low pressure gauge (blue) was reading high? how high? it could be that the compressor hasnt kicked in therefore its just resting pressure. a blockage anywhere will make the blue side go down. stuck open tx will prob go down to 40-60 psi. could also be that the clutch in the compressor is slipping. this will be seen as low side high and high side low and usually slips more with rpm. what was happening on the red side. should have vacced down for half hour but too late now...

actually you didnt fit the compressor backwards did you? S is for low side hose and D is for high side.

Edited by t_revz