SAU Community

What does that switch do?

Stay tuned, non-believer....i'll have fresh pics 4 u tmrw. The digital pics I took of my interior just didn't come out. (black, and no amount of software could make it intelligable!!) So, if you can hlp me out with what I have already described, then great , thanx man. If not, **** off! and...thankyou!

PS. I'm new, yes. I'm trying not to step on your toes or anything! (lighten-up)

I'm not German..not that should be a problem anyway(?) I'm after some serious help...I understand that my pic not turning out is a massive problem..but I'm also wondering if a pic would actually help those who know lots about these cars already....it's just a switch!!!!

Righty o then... listen, I was trying to get to the bottom of this quickly, instead of 105 members "guessing" what your switch might be. I'm not a "non-believer", and you didn't step on my toes. The German remark was a stupid attempt at humour on my part because you spelt "switch" wrong (you typed svitch - sounds like my Dad). Last but not least, your pic not turning out is not a massive problem... I really don't care either way.

I was thinking about taking optin B) "**** off!", but seeing as you are so polite, I won't.

It's probably just a switch for some aftermarket foglamps that were installed but since been taken off, hence the clicking relay, but nothing happens. But thats all heresay...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Righty o then... listen, I was trying to get to the bottom of this quickly, instead of 105 members "guessing" what your switch might be. I'm not a "non-believer", and you didn't step on my toes. The German remark was a stupid attempt at humour on my part because you spelt "switch" wrong (you typed svitch - sounds like my Dad). Last but not least, your pic not turning out is not a massive problem... I really don't care either way.

I was thinking about taking optin B) "**** off!", but seeing as you are so polite, I won't. 

It's probably just a switch for some aftermarket foglamps that were installed but since been taken off, hence the clicking relay, but nothing happens. But thats all heresay...

Thankyou..really. I'm starting to think same as far as 'after-market' is concerned. But I should have a pic dloaded tmrw, maybe somebody will help me a little more then(?) maybe not...it doesn't matter.....Ta so much!...Justin.! you too r polite...good to see...

Damn this is funny. But learn to spell spit boy, otherwise you come across as if you're about 12 wif dat maja attitude fing hapnin...

by all means girley girl, wid da sweet ***** rap........ENJOY!!!

i had this weird switch under the dash in my r33, and i wondered for ages what it did. turns out its an aftermarket "dulche" horn. hahahaha. one side it makes a long parrrp noise. the other its just normal. nuts.

Why, that's ace Bobby.......!

cant believe I missed this thread....

this guy wants help. 

And he is being a rather rude bastard.

goodluck! :spcow:

Now aKeenan...take a second to read over the prior threads..I have been polite from the start...just have encountered a few ****** **** *** **** along the way. , and if I can get my Q's A'd...then ace!! If not....I appologise for hurting your feelings..OK? If you want to see real 'rude bastards', visit any Hi Perf FORD club!! (they're stupid aswell)

Do you have a parking aid on the front left corner of the front bar. when you press the switch a little aeriel comes up there to help you park it. hit it again and down she goes.

Thats what it sounds like, with maybe a stuffed motor, the relay clicks but no up.

Welcome to the forums....snarky lot arn't we....'specially akkynan..... :wassup:

It oculd be a switch to raise or lower the marker that sits on the opposite corner of the front bar to the driver - for all those people who don't know where the dront of their car is. My mate's brother has one. It raises the pole up about 60cm and has some lights on top. The switch was near the handbrake - next to the coin holders.

Do you have a parking aid on the front left corner of the front bar. when you press the switch a little aeriel comes up there to help you park it. hit it again and down she goes.

Thats what it sounds like, with maybe a stuffed motor, the relay clicks but no up.

Welcome to the forums....snarky lot arn't we....'specially akkynan..... :wassup:

wow, that's incredible...I shall look for this device...Thankyou so much, get back to you about wot I find!!

Is a pic of the switch in question, out of the question?

Have that pic for you now....maybe..just maybe you might know? Hope you have a good day. (reso is so limited but)

PICS LOCATED AT INITIAL THREAD.

Well it sure sounds like the park assist button to me... Now you can pull of those awesome sardine can parks with no worries :D I've only managed one. Isaw a VT commodore get out of this park, so i figured i could fit my Honda Accord in there, and I did... just. hehehe I'm sure the guys infront and behind were amazed how the hell i got in there...

Sorry a little OT. But i'm bored.

Hi. Can anyone help me with what a particular switch does in my 95 R33.?

It is located next to the Hand brake, and looks like a 'bar' with 'up/down' arrows.

All I know is that it seems to trigger a relay when the car is 'on', (this can be heard, but no apparent effect is realised!!) Thanx in advance! Mark.

that switch looks exactly like the antenna switch on my dash, did you check yr antenna when u pressed it?

Well it sure sounds like the park assist button to me... Now you can pull of those awesome sardine can parks with no worries :D I've only managed one.  Isaw a VT commodore get out of this park, so i figured i could fit my Honda Accord in there, and I did... just. hehehe I'm sure the guys infront and behind were amazed how the hell i got in there...

Sorry a little OT. But i'm bored.

Fantastic......would've liked to have seen that one!! Thankyou.