SAU Community

M35 Highflow Options?

spoolin12

Hey everyone.

So while doing my exhaust, the workshop pulled out my turbo. While its out I thought *Highflow!*

After speaking to the mechanic, he recommended a ball bearing highflow for more response etc.

I remember reading a few people having some issues with them and ending up with a Sierra bush highflow. What do you guys recommend and why?

Ideally I would like 200-250KW at the wheels, The car is daily driven, so I don't want it too laggy.

The Mechanic also mentioned he would be keen at having a go at hacking the stock M35 ECU, so I will be giving him the stock ECU and let him have a look. :thumbsup: I will keep you all posted.

Chris.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The factory turbo is a ball bearing, somepeople (iamhe) have gone bush bearing and had great success.

Other's have gone for a high-flow with ball bearing (i.e. gcg) and they have also had great success, personally I would be going for ball bearing.

As for the ECU, good luck hacking it. SAS were meant to be getting a computer because nothing they had could read the ECU, as far as I'm aware that box is still stuck in korea or something.

So I don't like your chances, the M35 ECU is one unique little bugger.

Well you know my opinion on the Sierra Stage 1 journal bearing build. (still need to take you for a drive)

I was talking to Brad in SA (Ducati) and he is getting a GCG 28/71 built for his car. He said this is about 10% bigger than stock. He thought this is what Danny had in his car and his car went fairly well.

I don't like your makes chances on the ECU side of things but from memory the guys working on your car work on Porsche's and Renault's? I believe this ECU has a lot more to do with Renault than Nissan.

Cheers

Andy

i had extreme bad luck will high flow ball bearing core. its too fragile.

journal seems ti be much better so far

Depend's what BB set you have Aaron :P

Not a fan of the GCG set although it's a good that it's a straight bolt up but check what they rate the baring to....pretty sure it was either 400hp and 450hp!

The Garret is 20mm shorter so there is a couple of things that need to be modified for fitment. I choose the Garret BB set because I wanted it to be a little heavy duty at high rpm for longer periods and it had a pretty good HP rating!

As far as what size to go to get to 250AWKW's......Andy's one is your best bet!

Once I get my GCG 28/71 turbo back then ATS in Adelaide can machine the casing to suit. At first they sent the wrong core 30/71 which would of needed modifing to fit. Ask jetwreck and danwatts about that. Then a week later there staff are sick. And now Toll are on strike. I just wont to bolt it in its been 3 weeks without the m35. Im sure Ill still be happy once all the wait is over.

Depend's what BB set you have Aaron :P

Not a fan of the GCG set although it's a good that it's a straight bolt up but check what they rate the baring to....pretty sure it was either 400hp and 450hp!

The Garret is 20mm shorter so there is a couple of things that need to be modified for fitment. I choose the Garret BB set because I wanted it to be a little heavy duty at high rpm for longer periods and it had a pretty good HP rating!

As far as what size to go to get to 250AWKW's......Andy's one is your best bet!

what Did andy get done to his turbo

does he have part numbers for the kit he used?

what power is he putting out now

its a Sirerra comp wheel stage one. Scott has the same setup and is pushing 300kw on e85 about 250 on 98 RON.

With a good amount of torque(enough to demolish the insides of a stock Gbox)

so thats your go.

what Did andy get done to his turbo

does he have part numbers for the kit he used?

what power is he putting out now

Sierra stage 1. Built by Precission Turbo. It is a journal bearing.

I had it dyno'd on the stock turbo at 152.9kw at all 4 wheels.

I gained a 15% gain in performance to 175kw now. Next stage is get the emanage on, suction pipe and get a tune and should be able to see 200-220kw comfortably. I will be fitting new injectors as I am seeing 100% injector duty cycle on current set up.

Well I think I will end up doing the Sierra Stage 1 (Journal bearing). I got a quote from GCG of $1950.00.

For that price I can get the Journal highflow and afford injectors... I would love to go the BB highflow, but can't justify the price.

Well I think I will end up doing the Sierra Stage 1 (Journal bearing). I got a quote from GCG of $1950.00.

For that price I can get the Journal highflow and afford injectors... I would love to go the BB highflow, but can't justify the price.

To much money for that turbo IMO!...pretty sure Andy was $1,450 for the same thing from precision turbo's.

I just got my GCG back on the car the turbo was $1850. GCG should be cheaper because mine was put back together in Adelaide. It is a 28/71. The difference I have noticed is that it is a tiny bit lagier. Due to the steel turbine I guess. But when you put your foot down it kicks down a gear then hits boost and it feels smoother and pulls nice and hard. I still havent thrashed it yet.

It is alot quieter than stock. My boost has gone down a bit I need to wind it back up.