SAU Community

R34 Gtr Boost Problem

dodd1990

Hey i have a Stock R34 GTR and ive recenlty been having a problem with the boost, when the engine heats up after driving for a wile, it stops getting full boost. Ive done a full service on it but it still seems not to have fixed it, when cold it runs about 92% boost but when it warms up a bit it only runs about 60%-80% boost, its very anoying, does anybody have any ideas?

Does the car feel different or is it just a gauge thing? Check the vacuum hose that goes to the boost sensor. Its a common issue for it to split and once the hose gets warm, leaks more.

where are you getting these %'s from? the stock gauge is not in percentages of boost. it's in mm/hg from memory and stock boost is around 10-12psi which equates to about .7 or so. you sure you're not reading something else off the MFD?

where are you getting these %'s from? the stock gauge is not in percentages of boost. it's in mm/hg from memory and stock boost is around 10-12psi which equates to about .7 or so. you sure you're not reading something else off the MFD?

umm i use the stock gauge on the mfd, but peak boost on a good day goes to 1.00, so i just asume the percentages. when it only boosts at 0.60 then i call that 60%, sorry if i confused you.