SAU Community

To Do Or Not Too.

Cobey

Hey guys, i'm at a cross roads, hoping your input may sway me.

i have the opportunity to buy a crate motor (long motor) (cams, springs, pistons ect) ready for turbo/s

and a diff (tomei) to put down such power in a decent fashion.

or leave my car stock, and sell then upgrade.

keep the v35 luxury, or step it up a notch to bullshit power?

the mods will cost about $18,000 once finished

i know its my decision to make and my money, but is it worth it in your eyes?

or pointless.

bring up some valid points

its an 03 6mt v35 coupe.

should i save the dollars and buy a 36/370?

or something else

or have a 500Hp+ v35?

will the dramas start once i get my motor built?

Hey guys, i'm at a cross roads, hoping your input may sway me.

Hmm... Over-invest on an import or enjoy Fish Hut chips on the beach instead? A no-brainer for me (Fish Hut chips @ Burleigh are the best). This is an emotional question which only you can answer. Personally, I reckon that with some minor touches the current models are King - why mess too much with perfection when there is a speed limit on roads and QLD police seem to be everywhere? Put your money onto maintaining vehicle currency is my recommendation - go the 37.

If you intend to keep the V35 go nuts. But if you want to sell it one day you will just be throwing away your cash. Do up your car because you enjoy it. Mods don't make a lick of difference when you try to sell your car later.

If you intend to keep the V35 go nuts. But if you want to sell it one day you will just be throwing away your cash. Do up your car because you enjoy it. Mods don't make a lick of difference when you try to sell your car later.

^ I also agree with the above comment.

Plus, you will be spending heaps more to maintain that modified-engine components. When it's time to sell it, you will lose the lot of money.

Good luck.

put a s/charger in, but keep all the stock components in ur shed ( don't sell these off and try to recoup some money)

When it comes time to sell, return the car to stock and sell the aftermarket bits off

(no one believes ads that say "twin turbo 500hp V35 skyline with Dyno Charts to prove...meticulously maintained, only driven weekends, never driven on high boost, mature driver...bla bla...bs bs and more bs)

Depends what your goals are performance wise.

I can get up to 400hp comfortably with my set up and not be on the edge of breaking anything. I have a forged engine, Vortech s/c @ 8.5psi currently making 350hp. Why would there be any dramas after your motor gets built? If everything is done right then you will have no issues, don't cut corners and you will be fine. Make sure you get a reputable tuner as well.

Depending how much the crate motor costs, work out how much it will cost you to build your engine with forged internals and cams. Do lots of research.

I daily my v35 and it behaves as normal for daily driving duties, still has all the comforts, but have the potential for more go when I want it to.

Costs aspect, you will almost always lose money on mods, if you're concerned about that then don't mod your car.

Thanks for all the helpful input guys!

money wise, its not a major worry... modifying costs. if you dont understand that, you cant be a true enthusiast.

Im thinking along the lines of investing into a v36 just for the added features.

then if its still not wild enough, i always have a chance at modifying that.

ill keep the V for a while. then upgrade.

for the moment, its more awesome looks for this V. might as well make it look awesome in the meantime.

thanks again guys!

your input helped push me in the direction i was thinking anyways.

I still have my eyes on the complete setup, maybe if it come in cheaper... i will.